xisto Community
nagu

About Mobile Future

My first post...thought of posting some thing abt a hot technology that is about to take up the mobile market very soon. I am talking about some thing called SIP (session initiation protocol) Dont get freightened by these techie names! This technology is going to drive the future of mobile. You must have seen P2P softwares Napster, e-donkey or monkey or what ever it is... just a like a P2P network, think of a network of mobile phones. think of some thing where you can access some shared portions of your mobile phones, ring tones, wall papers etc..etc..yep all this is going to become true. Not jst that think of a seperate messenger, just like a LAN messenger, a small messenger. All this smells good right! for me to it is. I dont want to explain things in a geek way with some high technical terms. I was attending NOKIA's Tech day in my region and i got the news abt this. They call it IMS. By haveing a mobile phone which has SIP stack inside all of what has been explained is possible.. well so i am not saying that we need to change our mobile for this, it is technically possible to install a SIP stack in the existing phones, but atleast you need a 6600 of nokia(or an equivalent) Europe/UK customers can soon expect this being supported by your provider. Dont think that i worte this to get a free host..for the time being i dont want any and i dont think that i will be that active that i post every day simply because i cant..but for sure you can expect much more of latest mobile news right from the industry.

its all good puting them things on phones but you will have to pay for GPRS which you will need for the messenager and things. look at the new 3g phones its cost a bomb 2 just get on the net and download a wallpaper and video calling well at about 30p a min and more sometimes. just stick with the normal phones that makes calls and texts. but i would like to see bluetooth bigger and better. as me and my mates use it alot at school :(

its all good puting them things on phones but you will have to pay for GPRS which you will need for the messenager and things. look at the new 3g phones its cost a bomb 2 just get on the net and download a wallpaper and video calling well at about 30p a min and more sometimes. just stick with the normal phones that makes calls and texts. but i would like to see bluetooth bigger and better. as me and my mates use it alot at school  :(

138760[/snapback]

Its technically possible to use all these the way you use the Blue tooth. This is only the beginning, Remember the cost of braodband today when considered to the beginning of the internet. Give time to settle :(

I presume this will work like a mass Bluetooth connection between loads of phones? It does sound like a good idea if its free. I wouldn't pay for something I can do on Bluetooth, albeit slightly slower. It could also be used for mass-multiplayer mobile gaming, whch could be an interesting concept. This technology could really be made useful depending on the range. If it has a large enough range could this technology be used to send SMS messages to other phoned in the area very cheaply, or even free?

exactly said, that is the way the SIP technology is about to emerge. UK prob. be the first place for this to surface :rolleyes: Nokia is in the peak of working on this. One UK based mobile phone provider recently did a SIP programming competition.(with the idea of recruiting) Things are all happening in a faster pace...

Finally they are coming. In last months there was a lot talking about this system for transfering data. This thing with bluetooth is existing a lot of time, but it's also dangerous so I never let open the bluetooth connection. Bluetooth is not safe at all, if you know how to use it and have appropriate programs on your mobile you can easyly access all data of others with bluetooth on.