xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Saint Michael Poll: HTML editors - The Best? Special edition-HTMl Editors

Which editor is the best  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As of this printing of Saint-Michaels Tips and Tricks issues we have 364 hits which is think is pretty good for this website but to generate more views i guess if anyone has tips and tricks of their own they like to see featured on our tips and tricks issue contact me and let me know what you want added on.But today we are going to talk about html editors a web designer's friend for the most part going to list some of the top editors out there, and believe me they rrange from free to few hundred bucks just to use the software to design websites. so here we gofirst one up microsoft front page. need i say more well yeah i have to :(. Microsoft latest edition so to speak to software have brought some great stuff. and since microsoft likes to incorperate all their software for max effect then your business as a good setupFrontPage 2003 $199 US Order Update $109 US Macromedia Software, well i have to say its expensive, worth it depends on what kind of skills you have the software they have can help you with. Macromedia leans more towards design and special effects with their software most of it is graphical in sense you can make great pics and the use of flash make it even cooler.complete package $899 and $399 for the upgrade.next in our lineup is Adobe software. to make this quick nothing but graphical interface, pretty much all their software goes into make pretty pictures for the users website. Their latest product adobe cs 2 which combines pretty much everything but they do have web designing tools and server design programs and guess what you thought macromedia was expensive for the cs complete packageUS$1,199.00 and for the standard $899.But the problem i see with these editors is that you have to do everything and i mean everything from scratch but what if you have editors they came with preinstalled scripts- lavascript java applets dhtml and all they other dynamic stuff.well here you go. first up CoffeCup Editor team i would hae to say they are the next in line as one of the top 10 editors out there, you can do so much i can't list it all and the best part you can get it all free if you host from them yeah i say thats a good deal. and what better they are adding more stuff to the website which make it numero uno as one of the better dynamic html editors.Price range varies on what you want to getthe next dynamic html editor is 1 page 2000, coming from down under australia, i used this software before due to it being free and well hooked up to the sense they have preinstalled scripts that can help the novice web designers.well to finish up our special edition is everyones favorite NotePad its free and simplistic that 99% of the known designers use it. and its cousin NotePad++ adds a little more features.well their you go the top editors for the top designersPEACE!! :(

I've voted for Macromedia Dreamweaver, it's the best but not for free...at least for most(?) people :( As a free editor i did enjoyed Editplus :(

Dreamweaver is the best. I have a volume licensed copy from my company so it is good for me.I am surprised that you have Frontpage so high in your list, just under Dreamweaver. Frontpage sucks and is the worst editor. Junk codes and what not! Hope that nobody votes for it and give a 'good impresion' of that!BTW, there are a lot of polls like this here at Xisto itself, so you could have simply searched to get answers to your question without making a post/ thread for it!

i voted for dreamweaver, it is the best one i know of, i had the trial for a long time, then had to go back to frontpage, oh well.but i think dreamweaver or golive is good.

You are right, snils, the discussion here is not related to the title.So I am here now to do the editing of the title so that it is relevant now...Title edited from "Saint Michael **special Edition** Tips And Tricks, Special edition-HTMl Editors" to "Saint Michael Poll: HTML editors - Which is the best?"

I voted for Macromedia Dreamweaver, with that you can easily put in webgraphics, flash, firworks, edit codes, edit in view mode, save and open. It is all there for you at the click of a button! The only problem with it is it's cost. It costs more than $100! I bought it anyway, but most people wouldn't be able to spend that much.

My status as an alum at my university gives me the complete access to any MS software related. Therefore I only had the experience with FrontPage. I suppose any HTLM editing will do as long as they are visual based. I like the color coordinated (and customizable) tags so I know that I won?t face any pars error or unclosed open tags. Ya know?