xisto Community
Munchie

What Forum Would You Join? And why?

Hey guys.I am doing research onto what type of forum I should create.So the question is What type of forum would you join and why? Also would you keep going back there?Thanks guys.:(~ Munchie ~

hm .... may be anime? i would say life talk with decent advice. but that is really depends on how your members behave in your forum. i think that is really hard to start but once you got to certain point you will get some members or some semi expert that will actually provide decent advice. i have joined a forum that they are doing this, i visit the forum quite often, they got 27012 members and 60 average users online.

Your forum should exist for a reason. There must be some initial impetus to join your forum, rather than any of the millions of other fora available on the Internet.Are you creating a forum to serve a purpose, or is it simply to quell your desire for having a forum?

I agree with lamode, There are lots of People i Know who Loves Anime I even know About 10 people on Xisto WHo Loves Anime, So Why not consider my advice and Choose for da reson Anime/Manga, Well Most Of the People I know like Well Adult Anime, so yeah.

The problem with starting a forum is that nobody joins them unless they already have plenty of users. Therefore there is a starting up problem. Nobody likes to make the first post either.

If you want some excellent PHP & MySQL forum software visit SIMPLE MACHINES FORUM. You can see mine at MY FORUM.

I join many types of forums, many just to talk about crap and enjoy myself. Try to make the forum similar to your website so your visitors will post on the forums.

i think the research you would do is just that you could not mind others advice.because forum can show yourself style and feature,not lie in general,except you wanna get more click rate or busy on your forum.:)what only i want to say is you can do it your best as you could,showing your special feature.if you do not mind welcome to visit my forum.

The most important thing is picking a topic that interests you and any friends that you plan on inviting to your site.

I give that advice after I made a board about nothing :(

I agree that Simple Machines is the best software to go with, I absolutly love it, and adding extra features is a piece of cake. Mine looks much different than Matt1eD's.

I would join an rm2k/3 community or an anime one just to talk,I joina bout 40 freaking forums a year and im sick of it to many noobs on each forum thats why I just stick to 3picceta.forumer.comgamingw.net/forumsand mine :( but thats all I have to say.

The problems with forums is getting people to stay active. You need programs and incentives like Trap to get it going. Like the credits thingy that Xisto has. I think its great. Only if they would open a shop then i would even like it more. but anyways just wanted to say that.

Although Xisto has quite a few good forums out there, I would like to suggest a travel forum if there hasn't been one created already. Whether it's taking a drive across a city/state/province/country or taking a plane (or a boat) oveseas, I think it would be neat if people can share stories of thier travels.

I usually join music forums because I love music. But I believe you should make the forum about the topic you like, because otherwise, you won't enjoy it. Hopefully you'll meet people with the same passion as you. Good luck with it.

I think that before choosing the theme of the forum you should think what it'll have to do. If you want to earn money or simple get many visitors, the theme should be popular but with a low number of forum about this matter.If this forum would be something useful, it can be a place where discuss about topical interests as politic, science ethic, world's problems, etc...

may be adul-t i think although the Xisto not support that.. we can know some where to creat these site ..i think one good place is google-groups..do you think?

Thanks for the replys, Think im going to create a chain of forums on the thing I am good at, skinning forums being one of them :(I may need some managers for these forums so I will keep you posted :(:(~ Munchie ~