xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ill

Truth?

Those writers who sparked change in old times created a written word that was not easily accepted by the modest peoples. They were persecuted and their honor was taken away by the governments. However, in every way, their words were not altered or censored. They were taken and given right into your eyes wether you liked it or not. Yet they weren't immediately accepted. Only by the progressionists.Today we hold those heretics of yesterday in high regards. Those are the people who shaped what we call freedom, what we call art, what we call life. Without those we would be hopelessly spinning in a spiral of nothingness in which we neither evolved nor sparked great ideas.And today, those whom we depend on to spark change, to spark new ideas, to change the world are censored by governments and are not allowed to get their ideas out. Those people are not novel writers, yet are the musicians. I'm not talking about rappers, God knows they get nothing done, except the occasional few. Yet they are of the rock genre. Yes. I'm talking about Mudvayne, Limp Bizkit (imagine that), Hed p.e. (in a roundabut F you way), Anti-Flag, and various others. Yet we censor them till the government changes their music into a totally different meaning. They corrupt the youth's minds! Censor! Our children cannot be listening to that which causes them to rebel against our pre-thought ways!Maybe we should take a moment and think about it. We are not learning from our past. We must do away with the FCC. We must do away with censorship. Let the voices and ideas of our conscience out.

I understand what you mean about how the FCC is smothering the write for freedom of speech. For instance, look at our news stations they only show us what is allowed by the executives of the station. But majority of the stations now are owned by one company. So if one company has a bias with a certain topic we will get the warped view of it in the broadcast. People who was opposed to Bush being placed in the office the day of him pledging in were removed. All we saw was the blind people following him to death gate basically. Unless we were there we didn't see the protestors who were carried out or the people who boo'd when he droved down in the car with his family in Washington, D.C.

If you think that's much for a democratic nation, have a look at Italy - their head of state, Berlusconi, is also owner of a huge media empire...... but at least he publicly announced that this is going to be his last term in office and he won't run for it again, so the italian media will be different from the government again :(anyway, I think I've heard the abbreviation FCC somewhere, but in the context of electronic devices which are tested for home and office use (like my keyboard and mouse :(), I think that's not an FCC which can censor any artists, can they? Could one of you please explain who or what the censoring-FCC is?(sorry, I'm running short on time but I'll be back tomorrow)

anyway, I think I've heard the abbreviation FCC somewhere, but in the context of electronic devices which are tested for home and office use (like my keyboard and mouse wink.gif), I think that's not an FCC which can censor any artists, can they? Could one of you please explain who or what the censoring-FCC is?

The FCC is a department of the US government which was charged with censoring media after that infamous Superbowl... but yes, they have been granted the power to just about censor anyone...

I agree with you ill, but it's just an idea right now. Good luck getting that to the masses of American people. Half of the population are ignoramii, another minimum of 1/4 deep conservatives, and then there are moderates which don't voice anything ~and dying away sadly enough. I wonder what the next generation will be like.

Heh, I've been wondering for the longest time if this was just a subtle form of totalitarianism... I mean capitalism takes place of the mass terror.