xisto Community
fffanatics

Php Login Script Removing the login field once the user logs in

Hmmz thanks for the help but i am not looking to really rewrite a good amount of my code. I just was wondering if anyone knew how i could fix this error since it must be a small one if i dont get it on my server but do get it on the Xisto one

Hey everyone thanks for your help. My login script works 100% now. The error was because i had a blank line after the ?> in the one file i included. Thanks for all of your great ideas and solutions

Why not just use cookies to keep your users logged in? It's a lot easier using sessions, in my opinion. All you would have to do is add a new variable to the config file that is something like this:

$username = (isset($_COOKIE['user']) ? $_COOKIE['user'] : Guest);

login.php

<?php# Include all the needed filesif (isset($_POST['login'])) {    $uname = $_POST['username'];    $pword = $_POST['password'];    $check = mysql_query("SELECT username FROM users WHERE username='$uname' AND password='$pword'") or die(mysql_error());    if (mysql_num_rows($check) == 0) {         echo 'Invalid username or password';         exit;    } else {        setcookie('user', $uname, time()+999999);        setcookie('pword', $pword, time()+999999);        echo 'You have successfully logged in!  Return to the <a href="/">index</a>.';    }} else {    echo '';    }?>

Yes my code does work and i do actually use cookies. I use to cookies so that they have the option of not having to sign in for 2 weeks. However, this is the only information that is cantained in the cookie. Personally, i like sessions cause its very easy to use and is a secure way to send and recieve information from a page