xisto Community
psychiccyberfreak

Free 3d Game Tool? does it exist?

Well, have you checked out Blitz Basic yet?
I have used an older version of it in the past, and it was great! Many tutorials, samples and a fairly large community.. but it is not free.. However, if you plan to make money with the game in the end, then you will find the price very affordable anyway.. Blitz3D is only $100 US., and it is well worth it! You can even download the free demos and check it out for yourself, get acquainted with it before you decide!

I highly recommend it, if you are serious and plan to make money with your game! -_-

that is a good one, but I want something free. If it's not 3d, at least looking three d.

137819[/snapback]

You can try Game Maker 6.0. While its focus is primarily 2-Dimensional games, it has quite a lot of 3-D functions that can help you create a simple game in maybe a couple hours (which isn't bad at all). The only downside to this from your perspective is there is an ~$20 registration fee.

http://www.ambrosine.com/resource.html

The link above should show you some tools to get you started, not all of the tools listed on that page are free.

hey

darkbasic is fairly good, it's closer to programming than other game creation software though. their website is darkbasic.com. You can download a demo version for free and if you pay a bit you can get a version that comes with premade meshes and textures and lots of other goodies.

apart from that, if it's a completely free 3d game creation system you want, i'm working on one at the moment, so if you can wait another 5 years or so, and i'll email you when it's done :rolleyes:
nah i'm seriously working on one; progress is going slowly, but i'll post here again when i get some of it done.

hope i've helped.
good luck!

Blender is only a 3-D modelling and animation tool. You'll be able to make your 3d models with Blender (and animate and render them) but you can't build a game with it.Based on some of the functions in Game Maker 6.1, you could import the models you make in Blender (so it won't look so much like a Game Maker 3d game), but your best bet is to use darkbasic or Blitz3D or the Torque3D engine. Blitz and Torque are ~$100, which is cheap considering what you want to do (and how much work you won't have to do if you buy either). darkbasic will more than likely take some time to get used to (especially if you don't have any programming experience), but it is powerful and cheap.

but you can't build a game with it.

Woa Woa Woa, just a minute, yes you can create 3d models in blender and you certanly CAN make games with it. However Xisto won't be of much help in the matter, I recomend http://www.blenderartists.org the blender community, I believe the offical one now that Blender is Open Source. With Blender you will be able to make games that are sutable for sale, the question will YOU be able to make games, I know I certanly can't! That aside it is an extremly powerful program, and in constantly under development, in fact it is part of google's summer of code!

Woa Woa Woa, just a minute, yes you can create 3d models in blender and you certanly CAN make games with it.  However Xisto won't be of much help in the matter, I recomend http://www.blenderartists.org the blender community, I believe the offical one now that Blender is Open Source.  With Blender you will be able to make games that are sutable for sale, the question will YOU be able to make games, I know I certanly can't!  That aside it is an extremly powerful program, and in constantly under development, in fact it is part of google's summer of code!

158699[/snapback]

I was going to say that when I saw Moldboy's post. But you got here, just a tiny tad bit earlier... ;)

Anyways, yeah, I used to use Blender, but I couldn't get any good models, so I've given up while I learn to do 3D models. Blender is VERY good. I just wish the modeller was as good as GMax (made by the people who did 3D Studio Max (the best modelling program out there)