xisto Community
krap

Evil Sats! Exams :(

I'm doing my SATs next week so I'd thought I'd tell everyone how nasty they are. Iif you don't know what SATs are read below. If you do skip it..

What are SATS?

In England we have key stages for learning which go KS1, KS2, KS3 and KS4. At the end of each you have SATs test for english, maths and science. KS4 is different. That's when you have GCSEs. Anyway the SATs have levels to show your ability and are good for showing progress. For KS1 the average is level 2 (i think) in all subjects. For KS2 SATs the average is level 4 and for KS3 the average is level 6.

Anyway, I've done well in the last ones. (In KS2 I got level 5 for each subject which is above average) and now I'm tying to get level 7 for english and science and 8 for maths. So now all because of these stupid exams I have to revise so much. I think they should get rid of exams and make the teachers assess your skill for all work. I'm not nervous because of the exams but I don't think I like all the pressure.

What's funny is my science teacher tell's us to do 7 hours of revision during the weekend. Huh?? Is she crazy??? But my english teacher says we should go out to the cinema during the weekend so you dont end up confuse with so much revision and we need to enjoy ourselves a little after so much revision. I agree with my english teacher but if I do that i'm asking for bad results aren't I?

So if you have any ideas how to replace exams or a really effective revision method(i need to learn trigonometry for maths which is usually GCSE and i keep on forgeting it -_-..) please post them here. Or if you know a good website that explains trigonometry in an easy way PLEASE post it here. I will give you rep!

Thanks in advance

krap

My french teacher always says..Listen 2 musicf,Which is gay & doesnt work...Really.LOL,Thanks & gudluck,FFC Webmaster,Asad Haider.

I got them too next week >< I'll be glad when they are over, then science lessons will return to normal with out the stupid practice exams -_-What school do you go to krap?

In the US, the SATs are taken as a qualification for college (university, to you Canadians and Brits). Are your SATs made by a company called College Board? Or is it a different set of tests with a coincidental name?

What part of trigonometry exactly are you having trouble with? If you tell me I might be able to help...My teachers always told me to make the study area as quiet as possible. Or, if you have to listen to music, listen to classical music because there's no words for you to sing along to and get caught up in.Another idea is to make up little tricks to remember things. eg. for SOHCAHTOA my class was taught to memorise it as "Soak a Toe(a)". That way you easily memorise the order that all the letters have to go in and all the rules that go with it.You could also make notes (like post-its or something) and stick them all around on the walls in your room, or in places around the house...preferebly in places you spend a lot of time. Whenever you're around the notes, make yourself read them. Pretty soon you should memorise what you've written on them.Hope this helps a little. Good luck with your exams! -_-

Huh? SATS are the easiest tests I ever took! I get the highest average in my class, especially in Vocabulary, Reading and Language. I find the exams much harder. They already made it easier, you just have to pick a letter. -_-Maybe it's just me. And oddly enough, I never study. 0_o NEVER. *Tinkers with head*

When you finish KS3, tell us if they're hard, I have to take them next year. At our school, you have do the normal end of year exams aswell as SATS, but isn't that good! Exams are easy, there's nothing to learn -_- Anyhow, it looks as though I'm doing well, 6a in English, 6b in Maths, 6c in Science! No fear!a - top of levelb- middle or "comfortable" at levelc- just at level7 is my target for all subjects!

Every pupil in Year 9 in Britian will be doing the same tests (there is different levels though) at the same time. So in just 3 days time I will be boring my *bottom* of in the exam hall falling asleep going through the questions. I don't really care what results I get in SATS though, it doesn't matter. All I want is good GCSE's. -_-

though, it doesn't matter

I thought it did. I thought that it decides whether you take the higher or lower paper for gcses. If you take the lower paper the highest mark you can get is a C I think. That may just gullible me -_-

Mate, at the same time as you do your SATS, Im doing GCSEs. SATS in the great scheme of things, although it is probably irresponsible to say this, don't actually matter that much in that it won't go on your CV or anything, you dont need them to get into college. Not that i'm saying you shouldnt try, before you get any ideas!

They're not worth stressing too much over, remember that. They're more a measure of how good the school is!

And also, know that theres someone who's stressing more about exams than you at the moment -_-

In the U.S. the SATs decides whether you get into a good college or not. I mean you could have basically C's and B's as your grade point average but get a 1400 on the SATs every college will be ringing off your phone. It's stupid though because everything the SATs consists of we learned in 9th and 10th grade and then they test you in 12th grade and you basically forgot all that bullcrap. I remember I was on Calculus II and I looked at the SATs and they were on trig. I forgot all of that lol.

Well ive got one SAT to go and I think I've done quite well. Woohoo. Science was easy. I think i'll get a level 7 :D I managed to remember some trigonometry and I did a level 8 question and i'm 90% sure I got it right but other level 8 questions I'm not so sure about. i might just get a really low level 8 for maths as i think i did really well in the mental maths. The english reading was quite easy but they test us on Shakespeare too. It was so difficult. You have to write an essay from one question. Tommorow we have English writing. If i do well in that i'll probably get a level 7 in english.

I'll be glad when they're over :( :( but we have to wait until end of June for the results :( .

I know the SATs aren't extremly important but they do decide what set you are in for year 10 and the lower sets get lower papers so you don't even have a chance of getting a good gcse grade if you do really badly in the sats...

Lol I only wrote two and a half pages on the Shakespeare paper >< The timetable said an hour but the paper said 45 minutes :SThe science was easy but we spent so long on light and there were no question about it :(He He the reading paper was great on the 'The World is my Home' section. Fatima and Maria :(:(~ Munchie ~

In the U.S. the SATs decides whether you get into a good college or not. I mean you could have basically C's and B's as your grade point average but get a 1400 on the SATs every college will be ringing off your phone.

137600[/snapback]

Not quite. My high school GPA wasn't great (mostly As and Bs, a C here or there and maybe one or two Ds), but I got a 1510 on the SATs and am a National Merit Scholar. Still, most Ivy League schools wouldn't even consider me on account of my lackluster grades. And few colleges called me; it was mostly the armed services who pestered me.

Now mail from universities, on the other hand, was stacking up quite high.