xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunkist

Ftp

Hi:Could somebody please explain the advantage of using ws_ftp over file manager in c panel for me. I use to use we_ftp, when I had a different server. But C-Panel has a pretty easy file manager. Is it really just a matter of preference? Or is one distinctly better than the other. Thanks.Sunkist

Upload more files, Faster, Easier, Full overview of directories.+ more, Its better like ...firefox.

It's a lot faster to upload through file transfer protocol than it is to do it the http way. The reason for this is they words "file transer". You are transferring files which means that you can select as many files as you want and "drop" them into your directory at Xisto. With File Manager in cPanel, you can only upload 12 files at the same time, and this can really be a burden and waste of time if you have files from different directories that you want to upload. With WS_FTP, you have the power to transfer files from ANY directory in your computer in Batch mode.FTP is also a lot easier compared to File Manager because all you are really doing is selecting the files you want to upload, and moving (drag and drop) to your directory. With File Manager, you have to BROWSE for the files.FTP programs are also convenient because most have the ability to do things with many files with one click. An example of this is changing file permissions. If you are going to manually install a program on your website such as a gallery, a blog, or a content management system like phpnuke, you will need to change file permissions to allow certain programs to write, execute, and read or else your program will not function correctly. Another example of this is moving files, or copying files. With File Manager in cPanel, you are only able to move or copy files one at a time. This is horrible because what if you only have a limited amount of time? You would not be able to finish your job. Well, with an FTP client, you can move files or copy files as if those files were on your computer.-_-

FtpFtp is a way of delting and uploading files to your webserver if you are on the computer which has got the files needed for updating installed. It is also easier to upload multiple files at once.CpanelThe on built in to cpanel is a easy way to delete files when surfing the net as some servers at school or work do not allow the port that ftp uses. Through Cpanel it is easier to create simple things like folders.

besides the fact that the upload is faster, you can also edit files faster right off the server instead of having to log into your Xisto.com account and load the page bla bla bla. It's always faster to do things right off your desktop instead of the site. It's super slow if there are tons of people doing the same thing.
get ready to post post and keep on posting. They're very strick here, found that out the hard way. It's easier if you make it a daily habit of posting, this way your site's never down or supspened. It's acutally a reliable server for a free on, the best i've tried so far.
round

-
get ready to post post and keep on posting. They're very strick here, found that out the hard way. It's easier if you make it a daily habit of posting, this way your site's never down or supspened. It's acutally a reliable server for a free on, the best i've tried so far.
-
was not meant for this topic, i just pasted it in by mistake, god knows whose going to think i'm spamming or something
round