xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fsoftball

Remote Access Software

Does anyone use a remote access software package? I have tried a couple, but would be interested to hear about what folks thought of some of the other packages/services out there.I have tried GoToMyPC, but I didn't like having to pay for their service. Luckily I found a free one called LogMeIn.com. It works pretty well. However, I have recently had issues when I disconnect from a remote PC. It seems to hang some of me browsers. I need to use Task Manager to kill those browser's porcesses.What have you all tried? What have you found to be successful and useful?

I have tried a few, access-remote-pc ?google that, its quite good, but you have to pay for access pc's over the net, which aint good, why not use teh one taht comes with Windows XP? -_-

Hi,Logmein is good but its slow & u cant transfer. Its also not safe and is a really big security problem.Google it...Noop...Ask More staff...Yay.Thanks

VNC is good I know there is one built into Win XP but there is some restriction on using it, something like the transmitter must have Pro.But there is also NetMeeting get it by typing conf at the run prompt in XP. Net meeting has the ability to use remote desktop.

for VNC, there isnt any restriction on Windows XP, Remote Desktop on XP isnt that secure though because the traffic going to and from isnt encrypted. If you purchase VNC, then there is an option to have secure (encrypted) traffic.