xisto Community
sanweikui

Why There Are So Few People Here?

I think Java is very big,so it is very hard to do something...I found lots of tutorials for java but they doesn't help,when i don't know something - i don't know it.I tried to read and understand very very simple tutorials but they had no use.I don't need java,i know lots of other languages which can help me , but i am honest and i say that java is more powerful then languages i know but it is complicate.I think there are bunch of users which know java and use it.I don't know how you can expect from other free website hostings/companies to support JSP and servlet...@reciter:That is like finding free hosting which supports ASP,it is not free...You can't say that it is the same like other script language.That is like to compare CGI and PHP...I think you are not experienced so you say this.

I took some classes to learn Java for the web in university, that is Java servlets and JSP and things like struts and faces, but I can agree to TheDarkHacker that Java is very big and through year of using it I won't use it for my personal things, because it's so powerful, of course maybe because I have experience of PHP for 7 years now and just can't see anything better.But some things I liked about Java, especially JSP, it's easy to use, sometimes I get lost why some things works some does not work, but I worked with Netbeans and Eclipse. :)But it's almost the same for the result as PHP with some CMS or Framework like Zend which is also powerful, but because it got to powerful for me and has to much features for a simple site, I don't use it anymore as most of the features are not needed for me and because they exist, I prefer my own CMS which I understand and work with :(

Other reason might be there is very hard to find free hosting of jsp on the net.There are tons of free php hosting you can found just by google it.Also, on my point of view. Java require more statements to complete a task compared with the .net frame.I will learn java soon when I finish something else. But first I have to find a hosting that support jsp .. etc.

Edited by magiccode9 (see edit history)

To learn jsp you can just install Netbeans with All the features for web (including jdk) and it will have GlassFish and Tomcat, JavaDB and all you need. You'll be able to work using jsp on localhost, it's almost the same as you would install Apache and PHP and run the script on localhost.Playing with those examples on JSP, sometimes it takes a bit to long to compile in my opinion. :)