xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Gmail As Your Storage scripts can be found anywhere, free

I created a new Gmail account for Roamdrive.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The only thing I liked about it was that it went in and created a label in my account so that uploaded files were nicely organized without me having to set up a filter myself. (Even though it is pretty easy to create your own filter). The serious downside of the program was that it required Internet Explorer (not sure if it has changed since I tried it a few weeks back).

I am sure that Gmail will allow this because after all they are saving files as attachments. I also found another virtual hard drive that I thought I should share with you. The site is http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm you don't need IE or any other browser, all you need is Windows and Gmail (of course). I think that Roam Drive is better because you can use a few different e-mail accounts for those of us who lack a Gmail account.

ive already use gmail drive||| man it is great||| i dont have any problems ... i already uploaded some files and backup some stuffs and it works fine for me ... the only problem ive found is the size of the files that is only of 10 MB ... but its ok :P:unsure:

Hmm i've been searching for that kind of scripts a long time but without any result.And here they come like out of heaven :P .Thanks now I have some use for my Gmail space

Wow! Thank so much for these links!! I think I've heard of something similar to the Gmail downloader you mentioned, but never went about to check it out. It'll definitely be useful in hosting files on my site~