xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Munchie

Internet Browser Which are you using and why?

I am using Avant Browser simply because it is good at blocking pop ups and i like the tabbing system, keeps my task bar clean :lol:I dont know how people say you can make Firefox faster because doesnt it depend on the speed of the server the website is on?

I use Opera.. It renders webpages faster, tabbed browsing etc...It also able to remember your last visited webpage in case you closed it accidentally.. That's different from History option as you will need to search for the closed pages there..

doesnt it depend on the speed of the server the website is on?

133294[/snapback]

Not necessarily. Different browsers have different HTML rendering engines. The better the engine -> the faster it will execute markups. Because Firefox is open source, many advanved programmers are able to contribute their code to improve Firefox or to make Firefox's engine less convoluted. In other words, Internet Explorer's is not open source, so people cannot point out bugs and such that slow down Internet Explorer. :lol:

I use Firefox because of tabbed browsing; open source, which branches off into many other reasons; customizable toolbars; extensions; themes; straight-and-to-the-point options; about:config; it retrieves the site's icon during browsing, not just when you bookmark the site; and there's a bunch more, but I can't be bothered to list all Firefox's 31337 features :lol:

im using Internet explorer, im too lazy to download or try other web browers. anyway, what's the problem with internet explorer? that build in with windows, and i cant see any problem with it :\

My internet browser I currently use is Mozilla Firefox.I remember the beta of Firefox, it was named Firebird. I have always used it since then. It tends to be a great browser, because it can do tabbed browsing, and has great security features. It tends to not have ActiveX, which is good because ActiveX has a lot of security bugs. It is a clean layout, and seems like an efficient browser for my every day needs.

I use Firefox because of all the very useful extensions, i have used internet explorer in the past but it wasnt customizable in anyway but chaning to Firefox gave me more control over what i wanted and didnt, so i have to say Firefox is a good choice.

I use Firefox because of all the very useful extensions aswell, but it also look better and the general security is alot better than internet explorer, of course, netscape and firefox are both made by mozilla, so they are very similar in style and backend, and so I use netscape sometimes aswell. Doesn't it really annoy you how some sites still need for you to use internet explorer to view certain things, i mean, over %10 of internet users now use something different than internet explorer...it seems odd that they still want to enforce the use of a 2nd best browser...but never mind, by 2007 i reckon internet explorer will be a minority to firefox or netscape, you wait, it'll happen to windows media player aswell...

Firefox. It's one of the good browsers out there. It's a great browser and it hasn't let me down! Plus I can do easy searching because there's a built-in search toolbar where you can choose from Google to Dictionary.com! It's very reliable! I love it!