xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
quiksilver

What Is Respect? an essay I had to write.

I had to write an essay on respect too && your essay really helped me to understand and re-write in my own words what respect ment to me!! This is a great essay!! :D -reply by Blanca

♫♫essays suck♫♫What Is Respect?

yeah I know how yall feel but I have to right a 500 word essay about what respect is becuz I got in a fight at school and missed all the basketball tryouts so coach made me write an essay 50 laps and suspender for 2 games...Sucks but the fight was totally worth it...!!I WUN!!

-reply by Rachel Tipsowrd

the essayWhat Is Respect?

Hi they call me freak dog.I don't put my name out on the internet becouse people can get my identity.I liked the essay that you put on the internet because when I was younger I didn't really give any respect but now that I am older I finally realized what they meant that you must give it to receive it. 

-reply by Freak Dog

What is respect?What Is Respect?Respect to me, can mean so much more than most people give it credit for. Sometimes I think people cut it off at the every day use, however if you search for a deeper meaning you may find out if every one had respect nothing in this world would go wrong. Suicide is a huge problem in today's world, and I believe respect has much to do with this. It doesn't matter if you are a "band geek", "nerd", "jock" or any other labled group, take pride in yourself, stand up for what you believe in, never back down, and grow a strong back bone. To me, that is a start of respect. Compassion is another, if you are into music, use your abilities to the fullest. That also goes for any kind of talents you may have. God gave you a gift for a purpose, and that is a quality everyone should have in my eye's. Also, language. It doesn't matter where you are, you always hear profanity, wether it's a child, a teen, or an adult. Basically set an example. Someone is always going to look up to you. You may not be aware but they are and always will, unless you do something to lose this respect. As I was growing up, I learned manners early. Saying "thank you", holding a door, asking first, using "please" or even using "may I?", instead of "can I?." Another topic of respect could be helping people, if someone drops there books in the hallway, bend down and give them a hand rather than laughing at them. Finally honesty is a big chunk of respect. I could not have respect for someone who is "two-faced" or one who is not trustworthy.Sorry it is bouncing around a little. I wrote as I thought and it didn't turn out so hot.But I am a sophmore and need help writing this essay for my psyco parents who punish me in aweful ways like the one above for example. -any help would be awesomeThanks.Taylor :)-reply by Taylor 

This is so very true . One cannot demand respect nor command it. It is given by another an so very easy to lose. Just slip once and all is lost in an instant

-reply by Marc Kostner