xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cse-icons

Humanoids

The concept of robots is nothing new. They have been a part of fiction long time back and small steps have also been made to create the real version...

Here is a good link that I came across:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

What do you think? How quick the progress and has been and what kind of robots do you think you would soon see.... let your creativity out.. who knows it might just give someone an idea to make it happen....

Cheers.

I would'nt mind a humanoid doing my work for me. But then I wouldn't get paid for that would I?

Well, as far as I think, it would be a very bad idea to introduce humanoids. They will start working in place of humans without demanding salaries and eventually humans will be unemployed. So I doubt that there really will be invention of these heavy working humanoids. They might create minor-work humanoids which will only do basic stuff like turn on the television and serve food. I would certainly like a robot that would print money for me. :lol:

It looks to me that people are really getting into robots. I don't think that they will become a household item anytime soon, it probably costs millions to buy one. I wonder if Microsoft will get into this? Humanoid robots wouldn't ever take over anyones jobs in their current position. Who would want to go to an orchestra full of robots? Also, does anyone know if the robot Asimo was named after Asimov, the writer of many books about robots?

nope... i wouldnt like to have a robot do anything for me... it would make the world a more lazy-*bottom* place than it already is, it would suck... things would go wrong and it would cost alot...i really really wouldnt like this

Humanoid robots wouldn't ever take over anyones jobs in their current position. Who would want to go to an orchestra full of robots? Also, does anyone know if the robot Asimo was named after Asimov, the writer of many books about robots?

133246[/snapback]

Orchestras are not the only jobs on Earth. I mean, production work, maintainance and stuff like that could be taken over by humanoids leaving the humans unemployed.

they wouldn't take all the jobs??? your not serious... it would be cheaper to employ, they could run alot longer than a human without running out of energy, no risk of danger (really) and i mean look... arent machines already taking peoples jobs anyway? look at car production now...it isnt a good idea, i just have that bad feeling about things like this

I know it is hard to imagine a world where robots take our place but it will happen some day. Maybe we are not prepared for it yet but when the time comes we will. Just think... the caveman would say modern civilization is impossible just because his mind can't reach that far. Another example ... Star Trek ... 24 century ... there is no money, people are working to emprove themselves ... that sound farfetched but maybe it will happen in x00 years.We (our children) will adapt to robots. Don't woorry ... we won't loose our jobs... :lol:

yeah, I too agree with adriantc. Not that Robots can take away all our jobs... Some things just cannot do without human touch... they can be made to think logically but making them feel emotions is still farfetched...If they take away a few jobs, they would also be creating a few jobs like.. production facilities for making robots... supervising robots etc..Earlier it was thought that people would have no work that machines were in... but they need people to maintain and operate the machines...They just would make our lives easier... hopefully....Cheers.