xisto Community
sunster13

Frontpage And Dreamweaver

Hey, for a few years now I have been using Microsoft Frontpage, and lately the latest one 2003. Whenver I go to download a cool website template, it always say "This website template was made with Macromedia Dreamweaver". I have tried Dreamweaver from a free trial from http://www.adobe.com/, and did not really find a difference.Could you please explain to me what the difference is? And is Dreamweaver really better than Frontpage?

Ok then I guess I'll be checking out Dreamweaver again because I the first time I did I just wanted to see if there were any major differerences, and if you say it's cleaner I'll take your word for it and I'll guess I'll try it out again. Thanks for the advice.

I don't know which one is better. I would assume that Dreamweaver is better since everyone seems to like it better here. I use Frontpage cause I don't wanna buy a new program right now. If you have the money I would buy Dreamweaver.

I've been using ever since 1999, because its bundled with Microsoft Office. I think its still one of the best non-css editor. If you want to create more complicated pages with css, i think Dreamweaver is a good bet. I've also heard some good stuff about Adobe GoLive, but I've never try it myself.

I once used an old version of Frontpage a long time ago and I didn't like it. I really like DreamWeaver. I haven't used Frontpage's new versions, but I can at least be sure that Dreamweaver is equally as good.

I once used an old version of Frontpage a long time ago and I didn't like it. I really like DreamWeaver. I haven't used Frontpage's new versions, but I can at least be sure that Dreamweaver is equally as good, if not better.

Dreamweaver is definitely the best web designing software around...it is professional and easy to use...Frontpage is more for basic and personal homepages. Frontpage is quite flexible, but lacks advanced features...Dreamweaver is the best program u can use for a professional website....(maybe not the best, but one of the best....)However, I think it is more of a personal choice you know....some prefer Frontpage, and some prefer Dreamweaver...but if you are making a eprsonal homepage....using both software does not really matter.....really...!Good luck using both of them......!-Shackman

I actually use both programs. I always use fontpage first because I find making tables and cells easier and because making them in dreamweaver can be a bit pesky for me. I later use dreamweaver for adding extra stuff like behaviors and the maps for the links.I agree with almost everyone here. It is easier to use frontpage at first because it is a microsoft product and if you know how to use other MS Office tools then you'll easily get acquainted with frontpage. Using dreamweaver would be a bit tacky for novice users but once you see all its capabilities you'll know why people prefer it over frontpage. :lol:

the only thing i hate about dreamweaver is the weay they make your lay look like crap with the outlines and all that and sometimes screwig it up or is their a way to get rid of all the that so it looks like the website you want it to be?

dreamweaver is easily the best designing tool around.. frontpage is in the bronze ages.. yeah, but for the price, frontpage is ok, but comparison with dreamweaver.. nomacromedia's unbeatable support, customer care effieciency and the beautiful piece of artwork, the software itself.. the whole thing about frontpage is just exXXXagerated by microsoft, well expected, but its a tool for absolute beginners.. no way can it be a subsitute for dreamweaver

It really depends on what you are creating for your website, and the knowledge that you have about web editing, and the such.Microsoft FrontPage is a convienent program for the first time user, it bundles a powerful HTML editor, and WYSIWYG editor into one package, and it even includes tutorials. Frontpage is only for editing HTML pages.Macromedia (Now Adobe, got bought out -_-) Dreamweaver is a much more advanced web editing program, which has almost all of the formats that websites use, like HTML, PHP, ColdFusion, etc... Dreamweaver is for the more advanced user who has more familiraity with web editing, and understands some basic manual coding.I used to use FrontPage when I was starting to work on basic websites, like HTML. But then I wanted to go further, to work with a SQL Database, and PHP, so I made the switch to Dreamweaver.

I've used both Dreamweaver and Frontpage, and I'd go with Dreamweaver, but only if you have web design experience. Dreamweaver has a very steep learning curve, so if you are new to web design, I'd stick with Frontpage until you get a little more experience, and then switch to Dreamweaver. You should do it eventually. Dreamweaver is a much nicer program that Frontpage, and Dreamweaver can do a lot more...stuff.

frontpage is kinda like microsoft word i reckon, its really wierd to use, i made a layout on dreamweaver and wen i opened it on frontpage it completely messed up the layout.. so i think dreamweaver is way easier to use, especially wen u r using php!

hi,dreamweaver is more professional easier than front page.you can use it to do advanced web site.in front page you may have problems if you like to use flash object but with dreamweaver it's fun you can change back ground color of flash movie ,....