xisto Community
scab_dog

Email Fraud Dont get tricked

I got one of these once, except it was for something else, and what was realy pathetic is that it said that if I dont sign up they will take away my birthday :) . I mean come on! Thats just pathetic.One way you can tell if its fake is that it USUALLY is mispelled here and there, or they say bogus things like I got.

Hey i was checking out my span section and found this EMail in it, as i was saying, I dont have a Pay Pal account...it is kinda funny. Four Different EMail but yet the same "FRAUD".

Information Regarding Your account: Dear PayPal Member!

Attention! Your PayPal account has been violated!

Someone with ip address 140.201.76.1 tried to access your personal account!

Please click the link below and enter your account information to confirm that you are not currently away. You have 3 days to confirm account information or your account will be locked.

Click here to activate your account

You can also confirm your email address by logging into your PayPal account at
https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/home. Click on the "Confirm email" link in the Activate Account box and then enter this confirmation number: 1091-8871-4911-9803-3995

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

PayPal Email ID PP087

Ha Ha, whats to do with the Email ID thing?

Yea, you gotta hate that, don't you.Unfortuneately, it's a fact of life that we have to deal with this things. I get alot of penis enlargement spam coming into my email. Most of it is taken care of by my email client (Mozilla Thunderbird), but there's some i still need to get rid of manually.

Yeah this should be mentioned more on the news and everywhere around the internet, because many poeple just give away their important info and someone than steals their money!NEVER, i repeat NEVER SHOULD YOU SEND ANYTHING IMPORTANT with email....not a single company wishes you to send your personal info or something accross the net with email...BE CAREFUL!

GMail is GREAT for Anti-PhishingEmail Fraud

GMail has actually done a lot of things to prevent phishing examples like these.  What they do is they look at the "from" header and if it doesn't say example@paypal.Com... It's obviously not from PayPal and GMail won't except it, it won't even show up in your spam folder. Also from those messages that are real GMail puts a little key next to there name letting you know that it is in fact a legitamate email.

-reply by Ben G

Possible Email Yahoo Scam. My friend received this email. Just want to make everyone aware of it.Email Fraud

2009 Yahoo! Financial Promotions(You Have Been Awarded ?1,000,000.00)‏From: Yahoo! (gisele.Chouri@noos.Fr)Sent: 03 August 2009 04:05:19To:FROM: THE DESK OF THE PROMOTIONS MANAGERINTERNATIONAL GRANTS/PRIZE AWARD DEPT.REF:YAHOO7/315116127/27BATCH:15/623/UK. CONGRATULATIONS! Dear Esteemed Winner, This is to formally inform you that the Yahoo! Corporation have awarded you the sum of ?1,000,000.00 Great Britain Pounds in its 2009 Yahoo! Financial Promotions which was officially organised by Yahoo! to thank Numerous Users and Non-Users of Yahoo! Mail for the financial benefits the Yahoo! Corporation have received as a result of their Patronage and immense contribution to it's financial success over the years. Do please note that this lottery is the first of its kind to be organised by Yahoo! Corporation and this is also the company?s major milestone to embrace online services. This Promotions Programme has been officially approved and licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). Beneficiaries are to Please note that this Promotional Programmes which has been medially tagged "Thanks For contributing To Our Financial Success" was sponsored and organized by the Yahoo! Corporation in view of the Financial benefits Yahoo! have received from its numerous customers either through adverts, hosting and personal emails. Consequently, your One Million United Kingdom Pounds (?1,000,000.00) would be released to you by the claims office here in UK. Our claims director will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him or her. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is fully processed and your prize remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. To file for your claims, do immediately contact our Director for Claims (SIR.FREEMAN WALLACE) who provide you with more detailed information and assistance in this regard. Note that the applications form should be filled and submitted to the claims office for immediate confirmation of winnings. Contact:Sir.Freeman WallaceRemittance Director Yahoo! Financial Promotions,United KingdomNo.44, Moorfields London EC2Y 9AL,UNITED KINGDOMEmail: sirfreemanwallace1@live.Co.Uksirfreemanwallaceh@swisone.ComTel: +447031920807 The application form should be properly filled and sent to your assigned cliams director via his E-mail address provided above.======================================APPLICATION FOR PRIZE CLAIM(Your E-mail Singup Profile)======================================FULL NAMES...CONTACT ADDRESS...COUNTRY...SEX:...AGE...MARITAL STATUS...OCCUPATION...NATION ALITY...TELEPHONE NUMBER. ...HAVE YOU A PASSPORT OR LICENCE(Proof Of Identity):BATCH NUMBER. ...REFERENCE NUMBER...HAVE YOU AN ALTERNATIVE E-MAIL ADDRESS: Once Again Thanks For Contributing To Our Financial Success! Please note, in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications please remember to quote your reference number and batch numbers in all correspondence. Furthermore, should there be any change of address do inform your claims admin immediately. Congratulations from all members of staff, and Thanks For contributing To Our Financial Success. Your Sincerely,Mrs.Gisele R. Chouri.Notification OfficerYahoo! Financial Promotions.-reply by Margaret