xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Changing Dvd Region Code does anyone know how

I have read that this is an ability that most DVD players have. I am not entire sure how though and the directions usually found aren't the best either. Does anyone know how to take a region 1 dvd player and make it multi region?

If you are talking about a PC DVD drive, then you could download DVDxPlayerDVDxPlayer. It has automatic DVD region change so it will automaticaly detect what region the DVD is and switch to that region for you.

Also if you don't want to buy any software you could do a search for a program called DVD-Region-Free I believe the trial is 30 days, but hey at least you can try it out for a while. :o

yeah i've had good results from DVD region free. get the newer Region+CSS free download tho, as some new DVDs had trouble being played with the old version.if you're talking about a standalone dvd machine, search google, or dvd forums. there are region h**ks for basically all DVD players, you just need to do a bit of searching, like i have a Samsung model, you have to open the tray, press up, up, down, down, side, side, and then ok. then it becomes a multi region player, until it's restarted, after which you have to do it again. but it's convenient. um...that shouldn't have been against the rules 2 say, i hope. it wasn't referring to anything illegal.

Yeah, there are tons of websites with lots of information. There are even methods to change regions on most tv dvd players believe it or not. there's always some combination of buttons you have to push on the remote to eventually access the region change setting.Although there is tons of information regarding hardware firmware updates for region codes I still havn't been able to find one for mine and have found other people posting the same questions on the web. I've recently bought a nice new dell laptop and if anybody knows where I can find the region "update" for the sony/dell dvd writer for laptops please let me know. It would be greatly apprichiated! I'm stuck on one single change left.

You shouldn't expect this to be too easy to find. The movie industry doesn't want people defeating the region system; however, free speech is awesome! So far as I've heard, you can take it to a manufacturer or servicer/retailer to have it changed, but to change it yourself, google is your best bet. For the DVD Player I have(Panasonic S35), I heard that panasonic made a proprietary retailer's remote that does this. If you want to change regions on a computer, the *conventional* way is just to play along with the system, which limits you to 4 or so changes.

wow..this is intereseting....I've got a DVD player at home too..but I've no ideea what types of DVDs it can play. But seriously...I would really feel better if I bought a multi region DVD player than H**ked mine...Well...it's up to moral now....(maybe the world 'moral' may be debatable)-Shackman

For the home dvd players it's not really a "hack" or a crack. I did it at my friends house, you just push a "secret" combination of buttons on the remote until finally a little menu pops up asking you what region to change it to- and almost always there will be the option of no region protection and then it works fine. Dabbling in firmware updates for your PC dvd player is where the real risk lies, I've done it before on my old PC though and it worked 100%- I was so nervous doing it, but helluva happy with the result

Wel luckily for myb irthday a few days ago my dad bought me a region free DVD player. So that is pretty awesome. I am happy with it. It gave me a whole bunch of country codes so I'll hopefully be able to play any region DVD from now on.

play region dvd on macChanging Dvd Region Code

Everybody knows that an error may occur when playing a DVD disc with a region code setting different than that of the drive. Now if you want to solve the problem and play your different region code DVDs on your computer, how to finish?

https://gonmac.wordpress.com/2009/08/06/how-to-play-different-region-dvd-movies-on-mac/ 

-reply by water

Region on laptopsChanging Dvd Region Code

hey so if I have 5 tries on my laptop to change regions and I use two for two different movies, if I put one of them again and change will that be counted as another try gone?

-question by tayyaba