xisto Community
soulsanctuary

How To Remove Ie Completely

Completely removing Internet Explorer from your computer is not recommended because there are some Windows component that still uses Internet Explorer, so if you get rid of Internet Explorer, then Windows will not function correctly.Also, there are some sites that will only work in Internet Explorer such as ASP web sites, so if you uninstall Internet Explorer, then you will not be able to see that site.

Hi soulsanctuary,
IE "shouldn't" interfere with firefox plugins as long as you have set firefox as your default webbrowser in system configuration. BUT- you can't rule out that MS might be up to some of their old tricks again re: the browserwars & bundling issues they got slapped for in the past. :o . My advice is to check out/search for "browser conflicts" etc. issues in google or other engine to see if there are any known issues lately.
Also, as snildude & bomzone said

how are you going to use windows update without IE

and

some Windows component that still uses Internet Explorer, so if you get rid of Internet Explorer, then Windows will not function correctly

.Also, removing IE completely will probably remove some of Windows .dll files which are necessary for Win OS to run properly or at all. MS blows :D with all their interconnected, sneaky marketing KR*p!.
Hope this helps
RGPHNX

WHAT!!! since when could you remove IE!!! Microsoft will have to patch this immediatly!!!1 :o What component uses it? I need to know so I can make sure I dont need it and get rid of IE

I dont think it is a good idea to remove IE, since Windows itself relies on IE. Also I doubt that IE is interfering with your Firefox plug-ins.

You can't remove IE, not safely at least. The best you can do (requires SP1) is to remove access to it through "Set Program Access and Defaults" thingamajig.As far as I've experienced, the flash plugins for the different browsers are installed in totally different places, so there shouldn't be any conflicts. Make sure you have the newest firefox and newest plugin versions.

I think it wouldn't be wise to uninstall it, beacuse as you can see all of the folders and windows explorer are formed onIE basis...If you open My Documents for example and in the adress bar you enter lets say http://forums.xisto.com/ than your My Documents folder would noramly open the page as it was IE...so WINDOWS & IE are two things that just have to be together to work...You'll have to live with it if you want your windows to function properly;)greetz

actually i suggest not to remove IE since a lot of software actually depend on the IE operating controls, removal of IE would lead to soffware incompatibility, instability and issues, why not just live iwith it.. it does not kill!!!cheers,Tariq

all true.. and i think outlook express image rendering uses IE too...aww Windows & IE... a painful couple.

You can't remove IE, not safely at least.  The best you can do (requires SP1) is to remove access to it through "Set Program Access and Defaults" thingamajig.

As far as I've experienced, the flash plugins for the different browsers are installed in totally different places, so there shouldn't be any conflicts.  Make sure you have the newest firefox and newest plugin versions.

132108[/snapback]

You can remove IE but it will impact other things eg M$ updates and applications that use it to display their help files etc:-

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hope it's not bad to post a link like that, this is my first post so my apoligies if I failed to read the rules!

I use both IE and Firefox.. but having some problems with firefox's plug-ins like flash and several other problems.. so i want to uninstall IE compeletely from my PC.. anyone out there can help me with it?? thanx

130094[/snapback]

I hate Internet Explorer too, but I wont go so far as to remove it from my system. I dont think it is a good idea to remove this rubbish from the OS for you will need it in Windows Update, as well as certain web applications. Say, the online tutorial system my school used, WebCT, would not support browsers other then Internet Explorer. Of course, you can send a faked user agent through you Firefox / Mozilla browser with Mutizilla, but Internet Explorer is not fully W3C html compliant and it is not using the DOM model either, so you will have errors with the syntax occasionally. Actually, there are quite a lot of rubbish php scripts that do not take into consideration the use of alternate browsers. Certain functions of these poorly written forums could not be used with browsers other then Internet Explorer. So I strongly recommend that you keep Internet Explorer in your system. You can just use it during Windows Updates and the numerous flaws with the poor browser would not bother you then

I never attempted to remove IE from my computer and I probably won't. Aside from the risk of Windows not being able to function properly, there are some websites that won't work unless you view it with IE. So, I'll keep both Firefox and IE.