xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GM-University

How To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus's cute.pif, PIC1234(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1).exe, Choke.exe, and W..

Hey..Your tutorial does help..But it doesnt realy apply to me as I din even have any of the cute pif. And etc. The msn sents my friend list about sum websites.. Pls HELP me~I need it urgently ..~thanks~-reply by sharon

Hm, do you think Kaspersky would get these virii?

Kaspersky is a very good antivirus so it should (dosent mean it will) but i find nod32 better since it finds every virus you can think of alltho i never got the link thing but i would ignore it and never accept sharing folders since they arent scanned

Msn Virus

How To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus's

Replying to GM-University

I have virus on msn. The virus about a pic1234 I believe. I went to receive files to delete it but the virus is still active on my msn messenger. Any tips on how to get rid of it for my situation?

-reply by adrian

Same as one of the above posts

If I have the MSN Messenger Virus W32.Aplore@mm and I try to follow your steps, I get stuck because I cant find the "explorer" button to uncheck. Pls help!

-reply by Rita

msn virus

Someone sent me an email with a link in it 'see who has deleted you from messenger' I didnt follow it or open it as I didnt trust the sender. I did look at the site some time later.

I then told a friend on msn about it and she opened the link from the messenger window.

The next time I sent her an offline message it appeared in her messenger window as the link to the 'who has deleted you site, rather than me. Its obvious that the person who sent it to me knew what they were doing in sending this virus to me. It didnt activate until I told someone and they looked at it.

Now we cant message each other. We have tried deleting messenger and reinstalling it, system restore, it doesnt show up on any virus checks and we are left only being able to email each other not I'm.

We would be really grateful for any suggestions how to get rid of it. Is there anywhere you can report people who do this as do know who sent it.

Thanks. Yours hopefully, Suze

-question by suze

alternate method for new viruses

The instructions for removal were written in 2005, there have been many variants since then and the overall virus has changed, that is why the last 5 or so posters have not been able to use the instructions here.

There are pleanty of MSN Virus removal tools out there such as MSN Photo Virus Remover from http://www.msnvirusremoval.com/, MSN Cleaner and MSNFix, to name a few.

-reply by Macka

Hi there,

Thanks for the info given. For my case,I cant find any word by 'Explorer' at all. Fyi,I'm using Window Vista and MSN version 8.1. Btw,do I need to do any back up before I start  to delete? Some other say to type 'regedit' at start then go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and delete explorer at the right panel. I tried this method but I was not allowed to delete as it shows error and I'm not permitted to delete. Something like this. Is there any different from this method with yours?

Many Thanks,

Annes

what if i have these same viruses but on a mac???How To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus's

if anyone can let me know how to get rid of these viruses for a macbook, I would greatly appreciate it! this virus keeps logging me off and sending some "CHECK MY pictures..." something to my contacs. Any ideas??

-reply by macbooker

Giving viruses with MSN but didnHow To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus's

ok my title pretty much says it all, I have followed the steps with great care and did not find any of the files, but I have had several friends the my instant messenger is sending viruses.

What doi do now????  please help

i have an msn virus How To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus's

Hi,

I have an msn virus that keeps sending this link

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;

Can you please help mee get rid of it, ive tried several msn anti virus downloads and currently have AVG on my computer, but nothing seems to get rid of it.

Thanks

Kiran

-question by Kiran

msn virusHow To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus's

hey good samaratin

so I'm playing spades on msn zone and some jerk sends me a virus. This happened once before. It causes all my programs to be erased upon reboot.  do you know how I can get rid of it before it causes havoc? I tried your ideas here, and none of those files exist.  but there is explore.Exe on ctrl/a;t/delete. Any ideas? 

-reply by Debi

HELP TO GET RID OF MSN VIRUS?How To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus'sI clicked a link I got sent on my msn.The link was :http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ was clearly virus, and I need help to fix/get rid of it.Do you know how to get rid of it?Thanku-reply by mimi

I tried all of 4 different methods but i still cantHow To Remove 4 Different Msn Messenger Virus's

I did through all the way. I could not find those files in start up tap. My friends told be that I keep sending them pictures links. Also, I got a failure delivery emails which I never send out from hotmail. What shold I do?  

-feedback by feedbackuser

Here's another virus :l I got a link from a friend asking me is this a picture of me on facebook. I clicked this link and now have a virus. How can i get rid of it? Does anyone have the same problem!?!