xisto Community
choetry

Warning: Virus Spreading Through Msn Messenger any info?

Yes, anything that can transfer files can pass bugs around.I always scan everything period, i dont care where I get it or from whom.. even my best trusted friends lol, you just never know if they did, if their software is up to date, or if it is being sent automaticly using their name.I was testing some anti-virus progs and AVG free caught more than Nortons and McAfees' paid versions both did.I was not only surprised but very pleased because I always prefered AVG anyway, but didnt trust it since it was free vs. those you pay for. Hence the conversation that started the tests in the first place lol.Scan everything and trust nothing!! .. words to download by! :)

Yes, anything that can transfer files can pass bugs around. I always scan everything period, i dont care where I get it or from whom.. even my best trusted friends lol, you just never know if they did, if their software is up to date, or if it is being sent automaticly using their name.

I was testing some anti-virus progs and AVG free caught more than Nortons and McAfees' paid versions both did.
I was not only surprised but very pleased because I always prefered AVG anyway, but didnt trust it since it was free vs. those you pay for. Hence the conversation that started the tests in the first place lol.

Scan everything and trust nothing!! .. words to download by!

Why don't you trust anything? You can trust Microsoft right? You can trust Google right? I don't trust 3rd party software though.

Virus spreading through MSN messenger. That is scary. Should I discontinue the use of messenger?

Why don't you trust anything? You can trust Microsoft right? You can trust Google right? I don't trust 3rd party software though.
Virus spreading through MSN messenger. That is scary. Should I discontinue the use of messenger?

Nope ... virus scan is always on, no matter what.

Thank you for your friendly reply! :)

my friend just got one and sent it to me and it had her e-mail address in it but I didn't click her and told her she had a virus because:

1) she types in blue and this was black and she has a custom font and it wasn't it

2) the message doesn't sound like her

3)she can't type as fast as it came it

Example message:

xxxx says: hey are you on facebook ???If u are then check this out  http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

blocked out her name and partial e-mail for privacy reason

I am virus scanning my comp at the moment because I want to make sure that I haven't got nothing. 

My other friend is always sending me files because she is writing these stories and I seem to be the only person she knows who likes them ;) so she always send me word files and we are usually talking about them before she sends me them and I know she has Norton on her computer and knows not to click the virus message of msn as much as I do ;)

MSN VirusWarning: Virus Spreading Through Msn Messenger

Opened MSN someone requesting they be added to my msn I haven't given anyone this email address except for family and this is not family. Seems someone else got the same message they added the person asked you is it and it said VIRUS and their computer is totally stuffed the virus couldn't be quarantined or anything the anti virus software didn't pick it up.

I'm sure its not only msn but its something to worry about.

Once again the email came from - halinamuenkel6698@hotmail.Com 

-reply by Mrs_b