xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adriantc

Longhorn's Avalon Under Windows Xp Is that true??

A few weeks ago i've read in a computer magazine about Longhorn development status. It was talking about Avalon (the 3D desktop of Longhorn) and it sad that Microsoft has plans for releasing it under Windows XP too. Even if it needs a lot of computer power I wonder how it look under Windows XP.Anyway do you know anything else about this news? Or even confirm it???

i dont think so, longhorn is a new development and will have the same windows base but i doubt whether if they will launch it under the windows xp brand name tho.very doubtful.Tariq

Its just a new way of doing user interfaces, the options there but whether developers use it is up to them, sort of like flash for the web, good to have more options for the user interface, you can already download betas of avalon and practice developing interfaces with it, can't wait to see what people do with it :o

I havent heard about it, but i know you can probably go to the Micrsofts Developers Forum and they probably have the answer in there. MSDN.I am currently running windows LongHorn and i can tell you that the interface is pretty cool, i have longhorn 4074.

just goes to show what happens when you slow down for a few weeks lol you have a test of longhorn? damn, im not sure how long you have had it but i thought any serious longhorn releases (i asume its a beta) was way off.... oh well there goes another resource hoging bloatware infected microsoft OS :o

An 3D desktop... Wouldnt that sort of kill your ram by 200mb? I mean it's awsome but as long as it does not become part of a REQUIRED update and as long as if you ever install it for XP, you can remove it just as easy.~Fuhrer Darker 333

An 3D desktop... Wouldnt that sort of kill your ram by 200mb? I mean it's awsome but as long as it does not become part of a REQUIRED update and as long as if you ever install it for XP, you can remove it just as easy.

~Fuhrer Darker 333

132986[/snapback]

Well... I dont know how 3d it will be... But I dont think it will take 200 mb ram.

Yeah Avalon will make the desktop look pretty nice. I believe it will look something like StarDocks DesktopX which creates moving objects on the desktop. The only problem with Avalon is it will be like flash and prob. will be created to be used on the web also so in effect it will compete with Adobe's newly acquired software. How this will turn out, who know.