xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

MSN Auto-Spreading Virus

i already got messaged that, thankfully my custom bult anti virus caught some interesting coding involved and stopped me before i clicked it. Love my lama anti virus, and no no one can have it, i still have to work out some of the bugs, damn c++....

well i dident need no anti-virus because im not stupid enough to click onlinks with a .pif ext

and usually i would ask the person waht they are sending me first before i accept..

This is a good reason not to use MSN. It's got the worst security of any IM. Of course, it's never good to open any files with extensions that don't exist.

This is a good reason not to use MSN. It's got the worst security of any IM. Of course, it's never good to open any files with extensions that don't exist.

worst than aim? :D

"]

worst than aim? :D
Which do you hear more about: virii spread through MSN or virii spread through AIM?

Which do you hear about more? AIM being crap or MSN being crap? It's your own fault if you accepted it... I admit I accepted it, and it was a stupid thing to do, but AIM IS CRAP! :twisted:

To see if you have the virus, bring up task manager and check processes:If you have anything that looks like **.pif running, close it and delete the executable file.Does anyone know the damage level of this?

not yet, i got the file now, as soon as i figure out what language it is in, ill reverse the code and find out what it does. Give me a day or so to figure out the language its programed in, not always that easy.

To see if you have the virus, bring up task manager and check processes:
If you have anything that looks like **.pif running, close it and delete the executable file.

Does anyone know the damage level of this?

you cant bring up the task manager thats one of the effects of it
it keeps the task manager from staying open

To see if you have the virus, bring up task manager and check processes:
If you have anything that looks like **.pif running, close it and delete the executable file.

Does anyone know the damage level of this?

you cant bring up the task manager thats one of the effects of it
it keeps the task manager from staying open

Didn't realise this. That's another variation - my mate had it and we were able to get the task bar up.

lol, mine didn't seem to do anything. It just sent the message to everyone online...My task manager opens fine, and after I restarted (the next day) it wasn't running. I didn't bother to check on the day.