xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

**~Question...~**

Hey guys, this question is going out to an Admin or Mod or anybody else who can fully answer this question:

If I have created a Movie for my Virtual Airline, and it's got music in it, *BUT* it's a .wma file, is it against the ToS ?

You can veiw it here (it's on the site now) i just want someone to look at it so i can take it off and not get in trouble.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
(hit play)

*NOTE* that i have put credits... it was made by me... and i also sited the music. Just tell me if it's allowed.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Regards,

TJ Ashley
UAL CEO

Ps. I know i wrote something before, but i dont belive i got an "admin" response. ... Please PM me, post in here, or e-mail me (an admin) so i can remove it ASAP if it's not allowed. Thanks!

It's the same thing. As long as you are the creator, and you input your details in a legal.txt somewhere, you should be able to host it.

It really doesn't matter what format it is in: many people use MP3 because it's compressed. (You could use WAV if you wanted to, though I'm not sure why you would.) As long as you own it/have permission to host it, you're fine.

It doesn't matter what format the music is in, we use .mp3 as an example.You are not allowed to use any material which is not your own.In this case, the music that is used in your movie thing is not yours, and therefore is not allowed.If you want to use that music you must gain permission from the lable and forward the documentation to admin who will then give you the ok.To be clear.Music in any format is only allowed on your site if it is 100% your own work. Also include a text file documenting ownership rights with your music.

my site will host mp3s of my own work, but also of my friends bands who are the owners of the copyright and have given me full permission to host their work on my site.Is this a problem?If so, would it be okay to host the files somewhere else and link to them from the site hosted on here?Thanks for your help.

okay, so can anyone give me some hints on going about this "ask permission" thing...I am looking to host the song "Drops of Jupiter" by Train... but i dont know where to ask them.. Thanks in advance for your "hints"Regards,