xisto Community
Shackman

Free C++ Visual Compiler

I advise you DevCpp. It's good development enviroment and it's free. You can - debug your sorce code- use track/step- add libraries- ...(It's only for C or C++)If you also use JAVA, I advise you Eclipse--eldeo

Wow, I'm amazed nobody said this one..Go to Google and search for Visual Studio .net express...Microsoft has VC++ .net, Vbasic .net, VC# .net, and a couple of other programs 100% free. They are meant to be used by students, but really can be used for anything.You can download the files from them in .exe as installer, or you can download a full DvD that has all of the programs on it.Keep in mind that these are NOT the same ones as professionals use. These can do most of the same stuff, but do not have all of the "extras" you may want to have. For me, I found that it had anything I could think of, but I guess some people need things I never use, :)Either way, check it out! That site's been there for a while now.And to reiterate, yes it's 100% official. The website is ran by Microsoft. And when you try to download one/all of the programs, it will verify your copy of Windows first.

For Visual C++ Compiler you can go to :-

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-express/

There you have to look for Visual C++ Express 2008. You can either install using web-installer or Cut DVD for yourself using available image for Visual C++. If you think VC++ installer is too heavy for you and internet connection then you can download the SDK from MSDN or obtain it from some Developer magazine and use Codeblocks/DevCpp to create Visual C++ programs using that SDK. Alternative to Visual C++ is Codeblocks, DevC++ and EClipseC++, Netbeans C++ port. Hope this helps. For links to these respective compilers, "search on google".

The thread here is out of date but the information isn't. And I have something worthwhile to add to it:I've recently gotten back into the programming phase. My two compilers of choice are Visual C++ Express and DevC++. But overall I'm finding DevC++ to be a better choice. It's smaller and all of the programs can be run on other PC's without the need of .net being installed on them (the framework).Although, in terms of writing long programs I find Visual C++ to be a much better choice because of how it organizes/color codes/blocks off codes. The syntax between VC++ and Dev are different so one thing I've been doing lately is writing my Dev code in VC++. This allows me to still have the great code-viewing pleasures of VC++. They won't compile in that though, so when I am ready to test my program I just copy/paste it back into DevC++ again for compiling/debugging.Overall, though, especially if you plan to share your program with others, I would highly suggest using DevC++ for it. Less hassles on their end.

Microsoft Visual C++ IS free. Just sign up in their website, validate your account, Copy the PIN NUMBER, Download Visual C++ 2008. Paste the Pin and your done (: A Free Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler and all of its features. Hope this helps you.