xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CiaraRae

About Phpbb general ?

I don't think this has been asked (and if it has, sorry), but if I just wanted the standard package (20mb), would all of the other features (like the phpbb board) still come with it? Or would I have to post more to get it?Thanks.Oh, and by the way, thanks for not asking us to make 50 posts before we get a package unlike some other "free" hosts. :(

I can't stand Invision or ProBoards. phpBB is better, but it's definatly not my favorite either. Too many people use Invision/ProBoards and say "lol i maed teh boardz lol."It's just annoying.

well both boards have their own unique traits.. for me I like IPB cause its got all the features and the nice look. However editing it and modifiying ipb can be a nusance but for phpbb everythings is relatively easy but i dont know it feels really cheap and upgrades are really slow ...

I have tried them both, Invision Power Board and phpBB. In my opinion, Invision Board not only has a much nicer layout, but it also offers many features. IPB's control panel has many more options than phpBB's, also, it is easier to change the layout of an Invision Board as you can do it directly trhough the control panel.

uhmm.. i never tried yet IPB but the PHPbb only... so i therefore conlude.. its in your hands where you would like to have forum boards.. both of them has their uniqeness... :(

yo guys,
Is there a place (website) where I can download free forum templates, for a PHPBB2-forum?

Greetz

There are many places to download free templates for phpBB2. The first place you should try is phpbbstyles.com and then the stylesdb.com. Both offer free templates and they are usually very well designed templates at that.

Later,
J.

yes the templates are easy to find and easy to edit .. but you wouldnt want everyone who has a forum to have the same layout and same stuff as you do you? phpBB is too widely used .. but a very nice bb at that :( Senior Mac: yeah the level gaining is a *BLEEP*.. but there are mods that you can edit ..and editing ipb is yes another *BLEEP* lol (pardon my language but yeah thats only way I can visualize it lol)

Only bad thing about using a different template is some mods will not work.Speaking of phpBB, has anyone seen anything like a level gain mod? Such as where it says something like..++++++++++++-----Level--64----------HP-----20----------Exp---242/24501---+++++++++++

i prefer phpbb :(Invison allways seems too text-heavy and statitical for me. Its great for multiple mods, features etc, but phpbb looks alot better, and is a simpilar forum