xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

PC Games, worth your money?, Hardcore gamers read this

There's also the argument of actually developing the game in such a way that ports to console versions would take full advantage of the hardware available as well as being able to be upscaled much more by the flexibility of potentially-better hardware in a PC. There's no sense in arguing the superiority of a PC if the game in question doesn't take much advantage of extra graphical processing power OR if the game was developed poorly or in a fashion that doesn't take advantage of a realistic rendering engine, lighting effects, etc. (Think of World of Goo. It is an awesome game, but graphically-speaking, it doesn't matter whether you have it for the Wii or for the PC. Games like Oblivion, on the other hand, may see improvement in framerates and graphical eye candy when comparing a console port to the PC version.)

I think pc games are more worth it because if you buy a nice enough computer you can play some pretty top of the line games for a long time. I would be happy for at leasta good 5+ years before I would be tempted to upgrade my computer in order to play any newer generation games. To be honest you can only get so good with graphics... So why obsess on something that is a few pixels better at rendering graphics and so much more drain on pc resources that you have to buy new ram cards... But in the long run I rather upgrade a pc than buy a 800$ game system or even 200$ ish... At least a highly upgraded pc can serve more purpose than a console. Well for now at least. I predict consoles will end up being fancy gaming computers enevitably. Going from console to dedicated gaming pc thats upgradable. Pretty much already like that now.