xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How do I get this data automatically posted to my email?

After lots of work searching the 'Net and applying what I've learnt, I have been able to create a form that displays the data submitted by the user (preserving linebreaks and surpressing the display of escape backslashes when apostrophies and double-quotes are typed into the textarea field) so that the user can retain the information for future reference.

What I want to know is if there's a script (PHP or otherwise) that I can use to get that information automatically posted to my email address? I already know how to get form data posted to my email address (by putting action="mailto:myemail@wherever.com" page. But that's a whole other story.)

Is it possible to have more than one value assigned to the "action" attribute (or any attribute for that matter)?

To more fully understand my dilemma, please feel free to use my form at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ as much as you like. (Within reason, of course!)

That site is just used for my personal testing purposes, so some of the links will not work as expected. Just use the form itself.

Thanks. :lol:

P.S. There are other things that need working on in that form, like forcing the user to submit required fields etc. but the most pressing issue is the one I've alluded to.

Pretty simple if your host allows the use of PHP's mail() function. Try something like:<?phpmail( "example@example.com", "subject", "the message here");?>If that works you can adapt it to handle the data submitted through your form.

Thank you, 101!

I tried what you said to do and it worked like a charm! At first, I only included the "email" parameter everything worked out just fine.

I had been wracking my brain for most of last night trying to figure out how to do this, so you can imagine how very grateful I am for your solution!

Silly me! :oops: I was so wrapped up in trying to find out how to tinker with the <form> tag that it never occurred to me to look for a mail function in PHP.

Oh well... live and learn, I guess.

BTW, if anyone wishes to email me a message via my form (just to see if it really works) please use this new address (I uploaded a new file because I didn't want to overwrite my original one, in case something went wrong.) Also, you will need to either include your email address in the "Message" section of that form or monitor this thread for my response. That's because I haven't configured the form to email data from any other field but the "Message" one as yet.