xisto Community
iGuest

So how did your Valentines Day go?

Personaly, I hate the commercial part of it. I.E I won't buy any cards cause I feel they are so overpriced!Buy yeah, another year, another lonely me :cry:. I managed to pass the day by doing my accounting and fitting in about 10 hours of GTA VC (ha, how many of you with gf/wives can say you did that!).But it was alright, had a laugh with my mates, and I guess that's the most important thing. Only problem is, I've still got a packet of marigolds (washing-up gloves) and a bottle of CIF to give to someone :mrgreen:So how did things go for you?

Same as yours dude, a quiet one! ive been single now for the last 6 months and im loving, go out at the weekends and have one night stands! "much easier life" less of the hassle and no nagging...

Just another lonely day here I sat at home all day on the net looking for webhosts, and cars stuff like that... I don't personaly do much on v-day other then by my girlfriend some roses and candy and take her out to eat.. when i have a girl that is :lol:Tim

My girlfriend came over and I gave her her gifts that i got her... She really liked them, then we went out to eat and saw a movie at the theater :lol: 8)

Personaly, I hate the commercial part of it. I.E I won't buy any cards cause I feel they are so overpriced!

Is Valentines Day a special day for love? Love is not "for" but "in spite of" I assume. Whatever.
Some people I know (luckily minority) have an awkward attitude. They act almost like forced by the circumstances to buy their girls feeling, and girls behave like the flower given that day is a proof of that feeling :P
I wish my girl felt like each day was the feeling of the first kiss we had.
Anyway, everyone spends his/her Valentines Day as he/she can. I hope you enjoyed it.

I'm an awesome girlfriend (when I'm actually dating, anyway) because I don't care for Valentine's Day. Well, I DO care about one thing: the chocolate's half price or less on the day after Valentine's Day, so I usually buy a ton of it and enjoy for the next month or so :P

I'm an awesome girlfriend (when I'm actually dating, anyway) because I don't care for Valentine's Day.
Well, I DO care about one thing: the chocolate's half price or less on the day after Valentine's Day, so I usually buy a ton of it and enjoy for the next month or so :D

You're awesome indeed FolkRockFan and keep it that way :P I am the chocolate maniac and I don't really care which day it is when I savour the taste of it. It's actually the best way to handle every trouble :P:) Have you ever tried home-made chocolate? A taste you just cannot forget :D

Is Valentines Day a special day for love? Love is not "for" but "in spite of" I assume. Whatever. Some people I know (luckily minority) have an awkward attitude. They act almost like forced by the circumstances to buy their girls feeling, and girls behave like the flower given that day is a proof of that feeling :P
I wish my girl felt like each day was the feeling of the first kiss we had.
Anyway, everyone spends his/her Valentines Day as he/she can. I hope you enjoyed it.

I dont really get the point of Valentines day, whether if its really only commercial (eg LOVE Day on the simpsons) to boost profits by retailers, or if it actually means something.

If you got a relationship really, you are meant to show affection to your partner every day (eg Honey I'm home, or hows work).. communication is just one of the important keys. Over time I had seen a few examples and close friends/acquintances done that, and I had done that while in relationships a long while back.

I was given a burrito and a King Size box of Junior Mints. Later on, though, I was allowed a $15 shopping spree at Walgreens by my fiance. I wasn't able to get him anything since I was broke but I'm making up for it next month (4 year anniversary).If you're wondering: He has a job and I don't.To make up for it, I am making his favorite Reese's pie today.

Edited by CinnamorollTK (see edit history)

Me, personally I don't mind expressing my feelings to the people I love. But this year...blah....it was terrible... First It all started the day before 14th...you know...THE number....13....whatever....my girl and I went for a short walk....I hadn't seen her for the previous 2 ot 3 days so....excitement. Anyway...she talked and talked about stuff and a few times she asked what am I going to do tomorrow...ME ALONE....dang....well before that she said some of her girlfirends asked her the same thing earlier and they may have plans....Well I love her but games like this just ain't my thing. So I just told her the only one thing I possibly could. "Hey, see I've got an exam tomorrow morning. Les's see how this is going to come up til noon and then we will think of something, and in the meantime maybe your friends will think of something for us :D" we kept talking stuff for some time, hurried up and ended the walk shortly after...in the mean time she asked me a few more times if my friends have reserved something somewhere....well....she is more like the use-and-ditch type than the love-is-what-i-live-for type, still I love her the way she is.Hah, guess what....Day 2 - 14th....the exam went excellent...And this is the only thing that went well that day. Guess what....I called my girl, well "no name, no game, no number"...her phone was off....I went to her place...no luck...well...whatever, the day was still young...who kows, right....well I knew...at least I had a feeling this would happen, so just as precaution I went to the nearest foodstore and bought a bottle of green-apple-flavored VODKA. i called some friends and at exactly 22:00 the party was at my place, and guess who was NOT invited. I still love her, don't get me wrong, but as long as she keeps me away from some parts of her life, I am going to do the same. It hurts but life sucks, and love is pain. So I'm going to live my life the way I feel right for me, and let the love takes all the pleasure of living it. :P:D:P:D:P

Edited by everflame (see edit history)