xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

About Gmail 100gb Space please look

heyyou know about the 1gb space u get wit ur gmailcan you use this to store files on, if so how?sort of like hostingi would b interseted to know if you can?????????????????????????

First off, it's 1GB, not 100GB.I've seen a Gmail account where someone has obviously sent mp3's as attachments to themselves and given the password out to everyone to download these mp3s. Also, when people log into this account, they can send their own mp3s to the open gmail account, making it a sort of a file sharing account for all.So yeah, the only way I can think of "hosting" files is by attaching them to emails that you send to yourself.

Yeh I no that was 1gb but i stuffed up the topic name ba accident oops. Well thats pretty interesting sharing legal mp3s i might do that to.Thankx for your inputbut can you actually link to the mp3 by a url directly???

heyyou know about the 1gb space u get wit ur gmail
can you use this to store files on, if so how?
sort of like hosting

i would b interseted to know if you can

?????????????????????????

here's some interesting stuff on the subject...

Gmail as an online backup system

GMail as a File Server

GMailer for PHP | gmail-lite in PHP

haven't tried them myself though. will do my own testing later.
if you do your own testing as well, pls post a topic on how it works for you. :P

Hey that Gmail as a fiile server is great i hav downloaded the srcripts and will use them. Thankxx alot lib2day guy!! :P Got any other good scripts anyone that can utilitse google mail????

You create a public account, you communicate the password to every one you want in the closed group and then you start attaching files and sending these files to yourself- this way you can use the gmail for file sharing. This is really a good option for invitation only groups or communities. But there is a check, you can upload files upto some limit. It will not let you upload files more than a few mb's. But I wonder why would you not use so many of the already running good services which give you opportunity to share your files with the world? Well google is an innovative company, who knows they might be coming with such file sharing service in the future, but till then use alternatives.

Placing or sending files via Gmail is too slow so we can send 1 MB if you have poor internet 3Mb / s

I don't understand this. However, with GMail being used in this fashion...interesting. I've never heard of it, but I can see how it would be of some use. However. sharing music like this is probably a violation of laws somewhere.