xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Anti virus???

Yeah I use norton antivrus 2004 still, and havent had any problems, except that it wont delete most of the adware type stuff of my computer, I have to use a seperate program for them.

Colleagues!Has pleasantly surprised anti-virus package F-Prot Antivirus V 3.16b!About 2 years, periodically, my computer, "terrorized",Most likely, a harmless virus.Sometimes, it substituted in the beginning of arbitrary selected file, the character "a", Changing, naturally, and the name of the file.After reboot, all ? became on a place ?.It occured seldom, antiviruses with which I tried this virus to catch, did not see it, and I have got used to not pay on this inconvenience, attention.And I tried, both AVP Kaspersky, and Norton, both DrWeb, and Avast.Everything, were silent!But here, has installed yesterday, F-Prot Antivirus V 3.16b.Imagine, it has caught pieces of 5 Trojan viruses, and mine"Torturer", as. The name: AntiLamer. A.trojan Here such, an antivirus F-Prot Antivirus!

if all you want is an AV (and not a All-In-One) i would recomend Symantec Antivirus client (from Symantec Antivirus Corporate) or McAfee Viruscan Corporate, because both are very light on size and low on consumption of machine resources.Symantec's is lighter than McAfee, but i believe the second one is more secure.Be Well 8-)