xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

google spiders

hey - i just made myself a stats logger, but googlebot has visited pages on my site about 250 times in the last 2 days - even though there are only about 25 pages or so...What could i have done wrong in my code to make that happen? or is it supposed to happen?I havnt got a robots.txt file - so im dont think im telling it to come back every day?and hardly any sites are listing to me cos its such a new site..so i dont know why it keeps coming back.And i am listed sooo far down on google for a phrase that i am listed on the first page for msn.com - why might this be?Thanks for your help :)

hey - i just made myself a stats logger, but googlebot has visited pages on my site about 250 times in the last 2 days - even though there are only about 25 pages or so...
What could i have done wrong in my code to make that happen? or is it supposed to happen?

That's a good thing. :wink:

I havnt got a robots.txt file - so im dont think im telling it to come back every day?

Those won't matter for telling ti to come back. They'll only help in telling it NOT to come back.

and hardly any sites are listing to me cos its such a new site..so i dont know why it keeps coming back.

Damn you're lucky. :)

And i am listed sooo far down on google for a phrase that i am listed on the first page for msn.com - why might this be?
Thanks for your help :)

They use different algorithms. The reason you are so far down on google is because you don't have very many pages linking to you.

lol ok thats cool :) thanksI just went and found some meta tag optimizer and put in the line 'revisit after 30 days' cos it said it ignored it if you revisited less than that...i took it out when i read this :) - and its still hitting my site.It seems to hit one page every 15 minutes or soThe msn bot has come a few times - that moves quicker, so i had 25 hits in an hour then nothing for ages.I've had 500 hits since i put it on... i checked and about 250 of them are mine cos i was updating stuff, about 25 are unique visitors and the rest are from search engine spiders ...185 from google.42 from msn9 from alexasince...2005-01-23 12:29:53 (UK time...) - so 37 hours.