xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lunaray

How Do Make Blogs Easier To Make? Newbie here.

I do have some experience with making newbish looking websites. I've also had some basic training in dreamweaver mx and frontpage. However, I've been fanthoming (SP?) on how to make blogs... Normally, on those blog sites, you would just type your stuff and they would automatically script it for you. However, on a personal level, all i know how to do is add a extra table and slowly add the days content on the page. So, i was wondering, is there a easier to update a blog?PS: I'm sorry if the solution is a no-brainer, or i am not making myself clear. Like i said before, i'm a newbie... Thanks. Sorry again for the typo in the title ^^;

I believe there are such things as Blog Scripters. (Or Programs) You could also add a CGI (or PHP) script which automatically logs the date and time of the post, along with the content. There are some of these at hotscripts.com. (or of the sort..)

Here are some search results from download.com, but I do not see many (or any) of the ones I have heard about. Unfortunately these names are but faint whispers in my ears, so I cannot tell you what exactly they were.

There are some ready made scripts in the Cpanel for blogs. What I would suggest is that you use frames. (understand what frames is?)

However, if you don't like frames, you could probably solve your problem with something like a shoutbox. I think it should be fine to modify the existing shoutbox script. There are some specially for websites. You could just resize it and ta da...its ready for use.