xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How to use xampp?

U THE MAN CODEFX! i recommand that ull buy a server and not run from ur comp.
it will be slow if u have less then 1.5Mbps

You don't need a server or broadband connection to run xaamp in your pc to test php files. it is as good as microsoft word, you carry your files and open them , but from a specific location called httpdocs and through web browser.
go to xaamp website and look for zip file full or lite and extract in a folder xaamp below the root folder say c:\ or d:\ etc. run xaamp control panel, and enable appache and mysql. launch your web browser and type localhost or 127.0.0.1
and here goes your site running.

Actually, he could always install IIS and PHP. (Assuming he has windows) Go to control panel -> add or remove program-> windows components and install IIS. Then download PHP and install that. I would more recommend that you install Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP on a virtual machine instead.

ResponseHow to use xampp?

Its very easy to use, so that you can c the result of your php from your localhost.

1. First after installing your xampp, click your xampp shortcut menu from your desktop.

2. Second click to start your apache and mysql.

3. Put all your php file, to put php file is go to drive c:  then choose xampp folder and choose htdocs, HTDOCS where you will put your all php files.

4. To see your php results: type http:localhosttest.Php

Thats it

Good luck

from ivan32

-reply by ivan32

it works for me as well. I think the trick is to type / manually redirect the browser by typing as you suggested the http//localhost/mysite.Php.

Previousl y I just let the explorer default to the browser if I were to "run" my php file, and it didn't work.

Thanks for the forum.

Problem in uploading files to XamppHow to use xampp?

Hai

I build my site using flash and html I am trying to upload the files to xampp..I tried everything withe the above mentioned replies but it is not wokring for me...Anyone help me out..Advance thanks you for helping me out for solving this problem

what if the local host doesnt run??How to use xampp?

I am trying to use xampp for mysql for now..But mybrowser wont connect to the locahost .. Iv tried changing the port it lisytens to.. Connecting to my internal ip .. I dontknow. It just wont work. 

I have windows 7 on my machine .. Do you think that has anything to do with this ?

thanks 

sahej

-reply by sahej

HERE IS HOW YOU DO IT. Open up the Xampp control panel. Press start next to Apache. Open up the Xampp file folder. In there, go to htdocs. Save your PHP files in there. (If you use Notepad to edit them when you save them make sure you click All Files in the bar and save them with .php extensions.) Then, go to your browser. In the address bar type: LOCALHOST/File-Name.php.