xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How to use xampp?

Hello!I have downloaded xampp on my PC but I dunno how to use it? I want to test my PHP files on my PC before uploading them. Can someone tell me how to do that?Thank you!

He said to install appserv, which is another combination package. It was a very primitive form of english, possibly dating around 50,000BC. :P Dude, please try to speak modern english.

Unfortunately, I haven't used xampp. From the docs on their website, it looks like one of the more complicated triads. I would recommend IBServer, which is here. It's got a GUI, which means you wouldn't have to run anything under the command line.

U THE MAN CODEFX!
i recommand that ull buy a server and not run from ur comp.
it will be slow if u have less then 1.5Mbps

Hello!I have downloaded xampp on my PC but I dunno how to use it? I want to test my PHP files on my PC before uploading them. Can someone tell me how to do that?
Thank you!

Download PHP Editor, most of the editors(if not all) has "PLAY" option.
ull have to install php on ur comp 1st.
Edited by moderator (see edit history)

I don't understand. I just wanted to test my PHP files before installing them onto my website.Can anyone tell me how to do that?I downloaded xampp because it was the most widely recommended one and now, people are suggesting other things. :?

i use xampp. just get the whole package and install it. then copy your website to the directory e.x apachefriendsxampphtdocs (remember to make a new directory in there for example htdocsmysite). then run the file "xampp_start.exe" which is located in apachefriendsxampp . a browser window will pop up. you can make change with mysqladmin etc. from there. if you want to see your site, in the browser adress type for example LOCALHOST/mysite/index.php (it depends on your site, figure it out).. when you want to close xampp run "xampp_stop"... give it a try and tell us

hpforums, Go for manuall installation if ou just want to use PHP as then you can just install Apache 2.0.52 and PHP 4.3.10, plus saves on diskspace!

Manual installation is far better than all-in-one installers as then you will gather knowledge of how to manually install Apache and PHP!

You can go here to find out how to install manually!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

good luck!

Viewing php and other scripts in xampp

How to use xampp?

To Do this,

Find the xamp/htdocs/xaampp file folder. Store your php and any other scripts you want to view in this file folder.

If you want to store the script in another filefolder, create the folder in the htdocs folder.

When you want to display it on your browser, type the path to this file folder in the address or URL bar:

For ex: LOCALHOST/xampp/filename.Php or

Http://localhost/xampp/foldername/filename.Php

This should load up the file for you.

-reply by saraaku

Viewing php and other scripts in xampp

How to use xampp?

To Do this,

Find the xamp/htdocs/xaampp file folder. Store your php and any other scripts you want to view in this file folder.

If you want to store the script in another filefolder, create the folder in the htdocs folder.

When you want to display it on your browser, type the path to this file folder in the address or URL bar:

For ex: LOCALHOST/xampp/filename.Php or

Http://localhost/xampp/foldername/filename.Php

This should load up the file for you.

-reply by saraaku

Of course above all that, you need to have the services running on your PC. The 3 services available are apache and mysql. Filezilla is bundled as well, but you don't really need that if you are just simply testing out PHP pages.

xampp in linux

How to use xampp?

You can put your php files into /opt/lampp/htdocs/ and share.. For examle:

My php file is :index.Php

My folder: hede

Put it: /opt/lampp/htdocs/hede

And write this on browser

Http://localhost/hede/

Ok it works

-reply by kuvark

um i still dont know how to use it?

How to use xampp?

Dude ok I set my website up that was the easy part!

Now the hard part is trying to make it appear on the web as in not just on my lan I want it on the internet!!

And how would I change the address I mean I don't understand this stuff maybe some 1 with a lot of knowledge could explian it too me I would appreciate it thanks.

-reply by Andrew

----admin reply-----

1. Register a domain. (https://xisto.com/)

2. Get Web Hosting from a company. (https://xisto.com/)

3. Upload your website files using FTP. (software like CuteFTP)

writing php code for ftp .How to use xampp?

I have xampp package.I want to do ftp operation to write code in php.I can do this type of work in xampp ,if yes then how .If not then suggested me that where and how I can do. You have any idea for doing ftp operation to write code in php.Also sending e-mail using php.I have not any server for ftp or e-mail sending

-question by himanshu kumar