xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Easy linux (good for windows users)

I dont see why i should go to the trouble when windows actually works ok - once you stick a firewall on it.

theres 100's of more problems that you can't fix with a fire wall, and with linux, (with no fire-wall) is so much more safe then windows with a very good fire-wall!, and you still can't forget, adware, and spyware don't exsist on linux

Linux is famous for its security amonst windows and other OS, claims to be more stable and it is... Less hackers and its free! Most people think that windows are good, but hey what about the features in linux? Isnt it as good? If you do not know how safe your bank account's money is, think again...probably linux! Your money is safe behind these secured servers installed with linux. Linux may not be as good as XP for home use becoz not all people do know commandline commands, unless you are a pro. Hackers dont hack Unix based operating systems why ? Its simply because they are opensource and they are meant for developers and people that really know how to deal with it. Not as yet for home use tho, but as for the recent Fedora and Suse Desktops 9 and Mandrake projects its has made enhancements and you can even go wireless, nevertheless you can expect less virus and spywares that really affects you and your pocket...! DONT forget the time when we all window users are hit with the "CIH ; Blaster ; Sasser worm" virus dont tell me that you are not affected somehow, well maybe not you but what about the others ur surroundings ... Just my few cents :mrgreen:

I dont see why i should go to the trouble when windows actually works ok - once you stick a firewall on it.

theres 100's of more problems that you can't fix with a fire wall, and with linux, (with no fire-wall) is so much more safe then windows with a very good fire-wall!, and you still can't forget, adware, and spyware don't exsist on linux

i use wionxp and never spyware. its IE wich gives spyware. just get rid of it right after your instaltion of firefox

dude you lose brain cells useing windows, u get spyware on widows, adware one windows, 99% of viruses, and hacker on windows, and if you were a dummie theres no way possible you can handle linux, and bill gates is the root of all evil, if i couls i would kill him :P

You are entirely right, Linux is anything but designed for n00bs. Windows needs a lot of programs and utilites for you to protect yourself, linux doesnt need any

dude you lose brain cells useing windows, u get spyware on widows, adware one windows, 99% of viruses, and hacker on windows, and if you were a dummie theres no way possible you can handle linux, and bill gates is the root of all evil, if i couls i would kill him :P

You are entirely right, Linux is anything but designed for n00bs. Windows needs a lot of programs and utilites for you to protect yourself, linux doesnt need any

i got one and thats a firewall. SP2 has a firewall not as good as paid one. but its more secure than you think