xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Trojan

yes. i'm not really convinced that the xp firewall does anything to help - well thats what i've heard. You won't really know how well it protects you until the viruses strike.... I'd use something that has some reputation such as zone alarm, but seeing as though i'm using a hardware firewall, things should run fine without

good luck man  :D

Precisely. With Microsoft's track-record, would you really trust them to

protect you. No no no no. Disable it and get yourself a real firewall

like zonealarm or blackice.

well, i got AVG and tested it using some of the worms and virii i mentioned before, and it did nearly as well as wormguard did, it caught over 98% of them. it did seem a little heavy on resources, but overall very good for a free program

well, i got AVG and tested it using some of the worms and virii i mentioned before, and it did nearly as well as wormguard did, it caught over 98% of them. it did seem a little heavy on resources, but overall very good for a free program

That good to hear. That percentage is good enough for me. :D Thanks for doing the testing.