xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

ps2 in china pirated

Well asian countries tend to lead the way when it comes to technology, although some brands tend to be overpriced *cough*sony*cough*. Personal Computers or PCs, I'd say its almost equal, considering it was invented in the US but most western countries try to find a way to improve the computer, internet and everything related to it.But in regard to the duplicate PS2, everything does seem to be duplicated those days.. especially popular food brands which seem to be copied by plain-label 'no frills' style brands which is either local (eg Buy Australian - in my case) or built overseas in some other country.

Edited by arnz (see edit history)

Its easy to get original copies in China. Would you spend $50 = Y375 on a game? Considering where Y2000 is the average household monthly income? While around the corner, you can get the same game for about Y10 = $1.33? Its great when your sitting in your parent\'s living room ordering pizza and smoking weed playing video games, but when you consider the opportunity cost of Chinese people, pirating doesn't seem that far off. They just want a normal life and some luxuries the Americans have.

I don't know whether SONY have got enough evidence on reverse engineered PS2.I think that pirating have harmed the Software companies of China, and also have prevented open source movement to diffuse in China.I think some "great company" like m$ is glad to see that their software be widely pirated in China, that is a way to gather potential customers. When people use office much more than Openoffice, use Windows much more than Linux, Who will laugh loudly?And as I know, m$ is only prosecute big enterprise for using illegal software, it is hardly to not think that m$ is a pisciculturist who will glad to see fish grow and then catch the bigger one.An interesting thing is Windows XP is more expensive in China than US.I think if the pirate problem have been well controlled from the beginning, the most widely used system will be linux not windows, the open source movement will get much more effect now a day in China.

Edited by faund (see edit history)