xisto Community
iGuest

What do you prefer: Windows or Linux?

Linux is not same with windows. Windows is for the home new user. Linux will be used by more advanced users. It's harder to use and install and u will need knowledge. I use dual boot with Win XPSP1 and Suse 9.2.I hope i get longhorn soon.

I hope i get longhorn soon.

:P

Isn't Microsoft saying that Longhorn is still a long way off?

I prefer Linux to Microsoft. I run Red Hat 9 on my home server and dual boot Fedora Core and Windows XP on my non-Mac. (Both Fedora and Windows have been skinned to look almost exactly like my Mac).

If you are going to switch to linux I'd suggest Fedora Core. Get it in at a bookstore in the Official Compainion to Fedora book. I've found the book helpful for making the switch and the installer for Fedora is nice and user-friendly.

However, in the end the difference between windows and Linux comes down to if you hate wizards or config files more. :wink:

im gonna bet longhorn is gonna rule linux.face it. windows is much more wanted in general and with longhorn it will only increase. i also believe that longhorn is going to much as fastand reliable as linux or even more.also linux is bill gates wanabe. bill gates rules evryone. im his bigest fan.without bill gates there woulndt even be linux or even a computer thats as fast as it is now.without bill gates the internet woulndt probally even be here

Linux is good for everyone but not for gammers.There is not many games working on Linux.Linux haves many programs for programing,webmasters,graphics, and music stuff.

im gonna bet longhorn is gonna rule linux.

face it. windows is much more wanted in general and with longhorn it will only increase.  

i also believe that longhorn is going to much as fastand reliable as linux or even more.

also linux is bill gates wanabe. bill gates rules evryone. im his bigest fan.

without bill gates there woulndt even be linux or even a computer thats as fast as it is now.

without bill gates the internet woulndt probally even be here

The chances of longhorn being better than linux is slim my friend. Read this article - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. That might change your mind about windows...

Answer to your rant:

Longhorn sounds bad, looks bad and needs a very powerful computer to run.

You have no evidence that it should be better, and why should it - windows has a reputation of being less stabe and reliable than windows - and it shows in the server market

"also linux is bill gates wanabe. bill gates rules evryone. im his bigest fan"

thats a joke

"without bill gates there woulndt even be linux or even a computer thats as fast as it is now."

Thats even more of a joke, are you serious

Lame argument man

without bill gates the internet woulndt probally even be here

erm. Microsoft had nothing to do with the rise of the internet. The Dept. of Defense and the people working on Mosaic had far more than Microsoft. Then add to that that a a majority of internet servers are UNIX or Linux running Apache not Microsoft Server running what ever proprietary program they use.

Oh, also, it was the folks using UNIX that developed TCP/IP, without which there would be no internet.

you poeple know NOTHING about history? BILL GATES MADE THE INTERNET THATHS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS HES SO RICH

Nareth i'd stop mouthing before you loose every bit of respect you ever had :)

you poeple know NOTHING about history? BILL GATES MADE THE INTERNET THATHS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS HES SO RICH

Did Bill Gates write the TCP/IP protocol? Oh wait I think that was a piece of open-source software called FreeBSD.

Colleges, Universities, and the defense department made the internet. Microsoft ruined it with their platforum specific HTML tags and their constant disregard for the w3c web standards.

The main reason he's rich is that IBM allowed him to the license windows to copy cat PCs that other companies were beginning to make, while Apple decided to keep their OS only for their platform.