xisto Community
iGuest

What do you prefer: Windows or Linux?

Hello!!
I'm an amateur in computers.

I gained an computer this year and it comes with WINDOWS XP.
But my friend told me that the Linux is better than Windows.
Is it true??

If you are totally new to both, i'll suggest you bite the bullet and go with
linux. It's very hard to go from windows to linux later. I have tried for
years now, to make the switch, but I always become unstuck with the
fact that you cant get true root access in linux but if you have never
gotten used to i, you won't need it.

Linux is hard because you alredy know windows.If you are new to both OS', it doesn't really matter, they are equally hard.But if you start with linux, you have a pretty good chance of becoming happy and content with it.

windows is the most unstable, most unsave, most hacked, most virus reported OS! HOW IN THE WORLD DO PEOPLE USE IT!, yes i have it, but i use linux as much as i can, and mandrake linux is very easy, combind with KDE, even someone that never used a computer in his/her life can adapt to KDE just as easalie as windows, and for you people that use windows for biz. lol don't come crying to the linux community when ur computers get hacked :D, also if u don't wan't linux, Go with Macintosh!, they do have a 10 year run over microsoft! the Mac OS X is beautiful!advice-just try not to use windows to often :D

Linux is hard because you alredy know windows.If you are new to both OS', it doesn't really matter, they are equally hard.
But if you start with linux, you have a pretty good chance of becoming happy and content with it.

you have a good point my friend! well said!

Windows is very easy to use

but Linux is more safety.

Hello!!
I'm an amateur in computers.

I gained an computer this year and it comes with WINDOWS XP.
But my friend told me that the Linux is better than Windows.
Is it true??

linux is not much popular yet but it is slowly being,linux awareness and support is increasing drasticlly,the major advantage of linux is its 99% virus free, though there are a few viruses reported in linux but they are ingelgible if compared with windows,many windows can be run on linuxsome companies have already developed such programs like win4lin etc.and more and more games are also being made for linux.so why not learn it, go for itits OS of 21st centuaryi have 3 windows and 5 linux distributations installed on my PCwin 98/2000/XP and redhat9/ fedora2/3 / suse9.1/9.2 :D

linux is not much popular yet but it is slowly being,linux awareness and support is increasing drasticlly,
the major advantage of linux is its 99% virus free, though there are a few viruses reported in linux but they are ingelgible if compared with windows,
many windows can be run on linux
some companies have already developed such programs like win4lin etc.
and more and more games are also being made for linux.

so why not learn it, go for it
its OS of 21st  centuary

i have 3 windows and 5 linux distributations installed on my PC
win 98/2000/XP and redhat9/ fedora2/3 / suse9.1/9.2

:D

Ur a good man (thums up)
try gentoo (EXTREAMELY FAST if configured right) and mandrake (good for personal desktops)

people dont use linux because its free,they do use it because its betterits almost virus freeits more secure than windowsits more stable