xisto Community
iGuest

What do you prefer: Windows or Linux?

As far as I'm aware of, Linux is more for servers and workstasions. You can't play games or wach movies with it. My conclusion is: For stable server - Linux or Free BSD, For other stuff - Windows.

As far as I'm aware of, Linux is more for servers and workstasions. You can't play games or wach movies with it. My conclusion is: For stable server - Linux or Free BSD, For other stuff - Windows.

You know you can watch movies on Linux :). And don't forget Mac OS X which owns windows as a home desktop enviorment both in look and stability.

Oh there are some cool games for Linux too. Half-life came out for it. And I remember this one game that game with Red Hat 5.2. It was called xKill funniest game ever. :)

Windows for the most part. I like the fact that linux is open source and all, but they just don't have enough software support for the time being based on my needs. The day comes when companies start developing for them and I might switch over. Until that time I will stick with what suits my needs best. Windows.

I used windows xp and used microtik linux during at this time, to windows that important infinite must have the good protection, for my security of the computer used defreeze, antivir, and ad aware

Linux is more stable and more safe. but it depends what r u gonna do with your os, unfortunately the most of commercial softwares r not compatible with linux. it is widely used for Servers on the net. but if u r a beginner I recommend u to use Win XP.

I thought microsift sucked, so i tried linux. Linux is plain awful. You cant even run exes. Its virtually impossible to install anything

Windows~ I am sticking to a more user-friendly OS. When Linux come out with something like Windows, I will go for it. But for now, I do not want to have any stress over an OS.

I've been trying out the various Linux versions and they are fun. There is tremendous power at your fingertips, its just learning it all if you have the time. I am getting more comfortable with Linux all the time. I like XP and Vista. For people who do not want all the extra challenge of learning an operating system they are the way to go.

I am using both linux Enterprises and windows, but what are the requirements of your being a computer, if you like to workon computer for friendly environment with games than windows is the best if you are programmer, or network administratori prefer you Linux because it is the best one.Thanks

im using both OS too. i use SUSE - Linux when i want to connect to internet. i use WinXP because SOftwares and Games were usually developed for windows. i think both OS has pro and cons. for eg; there are lot of viruses wrote to attack WinOS, and WinOS is not secure enough. For linux, it is hard to fixed my hardware driver especially my USB wireless. i've tried ndiswrapper but it seem like it can't work properly. but i support the Linux sentiment - Free Software..