xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FAllENG0D

Why I Hate Aol! BURN IN AOL

>_> Should i feel glad i'm not living in america? I've heard countless and countless of complains about the crappiness of AOL from many internet veterans and people alike. Are they really that bad?

AOL & AIM have quite a big marketshare in the U.S. even though they lack the features of other competitors. Their ISP is definitely not worth it. Everyone I know uses AIM, but IM programs like ICQ & MSN Messenger have more features.

Personally, my family and I used to use AOL. At least, when my mom worked there, cause we got it for free. It's not the best ISP I have ever come across, but it's not as horrible as everyone tries to make it out to be either. It has it's good points and bad points just like everything else. I use Comcast Hish-Speed Internet now, a lot faster and is a lot more reliable than AOL, not to mention the whole permanently-connected-to-the-internet part is way cool. Later, J.

I hate AOL because they keep sending me CD's. I DON'T NEED ANY MORE CD's. Its probably because they want me back as a customer. I used AOL a long time ago but now I have a better DSL ISP.

Well i actually like them sending me the cds. Because I get to throw them like frisbees and have fun. Oh and they make great projects for school. One time they sent me this cork box. Its so cool. I kept the box of course but not the cd. oh and sometimes they have software on them like Winamp or something. Its not like i can't go on winamp dot com and download it for free but its just something to do to pass time.

Wow, I have sent a few in my neighbor's backyard. I also have the same case, I used it to house some of my CDs.My favorite was the last plastic one they sent out.Also, have you ever burned one of them, and said your project was on the CD? It's funny to see the look on a teacher's face. :(

yea from experience and a few of my friends AOL sux why? there are many I can go on about but the biggest two I can think of is 1) its slow as hell and 2) is that I kept getting drop... no connection... nadda. Then again did have good also like AIM is kinda cool. :(

Ok 'm in agreement that AOL *BLEEP* BIG DONKEY BALLS but what don't you people with dail up go broadband. it would make more sense or if you have the money why don't you people got digital cable and would make the dial-up obsolete hmmm thats in idea

There are plenty of reasons to hate AOL. In fact, I still have an account with them but since I have high-speed I have the free option. I only did that so I wouldn't have to change my screennames or my personal e-mail address, which is with AOL and has been for quite some time. So, I can pretty much say whatever I want seeing as how I don't pay them, haha. When we first got it a long time ago though, I thought it was the greatest thing ever - at least I was online. However, once I got high-speed Internet, I realized just how crappy it was, and when they came out with the option to use the software for free if you had a third-party connection, I took that immediately. At any rate, their subscriber numbers have been dwindling for quite some time, so I would say it's only a matter of time before AOL goes down like so many before.