xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Stanley Kubrick

Paul Verhoven eat your bugs mate....He kicks *bottom* so badly....That film is right up there for me.It just takes the piss so much, it's dripping with sarcasim and yet it still finds a way to be a really compelling movie.Love the first assualt on Klendathu. The music brings hairs up on the back of my neck, sounds a wee bit like Star Wars (Not the main theme, but some of the music from within the films.)

Yeah, the music was by Basil Poledouris, he's great. He did Conan The Barbarian too. Also he did Conan The Destroyer but that movie is hardly worth mentioning at all. Directed by Richard Fleischer who is the most hit and miss director ever. With titles like Dr. Dolittle, Red Sonja, and beleive it or not Fantastic Voyage.

Damn I know alot about films.

It's good to know all about films,... Red Sonja...:)

Conan is a great film, although the second one was a bit dodgy.

I'm just glad I've found a fellow who I can discuss films with, it's hard enough to get people who know stuff about them as it is.

The music was just one of a few lethal parts of Starship Troopers, It just added a very dramatic and pretty military feel to the film. Also forgot to mention the great bugs :lol:. Apart from the Alien; and Yoda...lol. Nothing much comes close to the design of those absolutely brilliant killing machines.

Yeah tell me about it. People here get so bored hearing me talk about Stanley Kubrick all day. When I first liked Radiohead I talked about them all the time then I could tell people didn't care after a while so now I hardly talk about anything for fear of having people not interested but too polite to say shutup. I am a very quiet person now days.

Gohst man, you want to talk about anything film, music or anything give me a buzz. I'm a complete fact freak as well. When I get into something, I bloody get into it :lol:.Radiohead:D, nice. Not all their stuff is good but I enjoy some of their work. I've a wide variety of musical taste...listen to The Verve by any change. (Sorry I know...wrong board... :roll: )I hate the way that some people just pretend to listen and sort of add in a nod or a urm to show that they are interested.On the topic of directors, I think I'll post a directors topic...for filmographies and such...and then we could discuss the good and bad points. sound good?

Yeah, do whatever you want. I got bored of Radiohead, moved into Aphex Twin, moved to Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, moved moved moved and music bores me now a days, for the most part

Kubrick kicks asswas only in the last few days i saw Clockwork Orange which is bad since i'm a filmmaker myself but the cinemaography and editing was great.i didn't find it that disturbing but i guess the original cut was a lot worse

That was the original cut. You mean when it first came out. My art teacher saw it when it first came out and she said it was pretty shocking. Really confronting.

Yeah cause people were beating up people dressed as droogs and "singing in the rain"

*Keeps his head down and whistles*

:P...nah, I'd never do that.

Yeah, or instead of having all these famous people in those adverts for drinking milk, you could have Alex :wink: .

Drink Milk

Might be a bit violent though.