xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

We lock topics because a question has been answered only if it is in a forum like free hosting support, we also lock for the following reasons:- crossposting- flaming- useless topics- anything admins don't like to see (such as discussions about warez!)

I think they do a great job as it is, at the moment the onlt threads that ive really seen locked are threads where people ask things that have already been asked/anwsered, being as im one that like to help people when i can i know that for me and other people that try to help people (like admins and some other people) it gets annoying having to say the same thing over and over when all they have to do is search, i think thats a perfectly fine reason to lock a topic.

if people are just posting another simular post, it might just mean that the forum needs to be easier to use, people cant find the right info easy enough.

Or people are just too lazy to search for the answers.But before locking the forum, because the question is allready answered, you should put a link to the answer first.

Otherwise why should we need moderators, admins, etc. Too much of everything is bad. Those useless topics should be locked and moderated for the sake of our betterment tomorrow.

I started a topic in Show off your website. All it said was subject: So Many Dead Sites, and the body was just :P A fair and heartfelt comment not meant to generate anything, just to be :P about trying to rate stuff and the effort of clicking away the dead ones. Got deleted I guess. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ooo... I'm getting an idea... :P

:idea: : what if we create a forum called "Junk Threads" (or smth like that).

So that, instead of deleting bad topics, we just move them there ? Adding a prune for a period of 1 week, so that the poster will have the time to realise its thread has been removed !

What do you think ?

Ooo... I'm getting an idea... :P

:idea: : what if we create a forum called "Junk Threads" (or smth like that).

So that, instead of deleting bad topics, we just move them there ? Adding a prune for a period of 1 week, so that the poster will have the time to realise its thread has been removed !  

What do you think ?

i had that on my old forum... great thingy :P

create it!

In fact, it does take more time to move a topic to another forum... by one click... But in the end, I think it'd be nicer for you to know where your thread is !Still need more comments before suggesting this to admin (yes, he's still the boss :P)