xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Any good internet radio sites?

May seem kinda lame, but I use Yahoo.
launch.yahoo.com

Lame??? Launch is the best, it has tuns of music, and the more you rate, the smarter it get's, scary it allways seems to know what i wan't to listen to! :shock:

I use several, partly because some of the free ones will only play for an hour and then try to get you to buy an account. Radio@Netscape has great stations but low sound quality. MusicMatch Radio is excellent. I used to listen to MSN Radio Plus all the time, but they destroyed their whole wonderful site a few months ago. I canceled my subscription with them as a result. Launch Radio is ok, especially since you can make your own station. I've been listening to Live365 a lot lately, including right now. I like it a lot. I finally got iTunes the other day. It's cool, I guess.

Live365.com. It's not easy. You have to set up this whole thing through WinAmp. It's complicated. I did it once, and when I got it up and running I decided I didn't want to do it after all. Anyway, it explains the whole thing on their site. You have to have your own domain, of course. Me, I've been making one hour shows using a WAV editor and releasing them on my website once a month. That way I have complete control, and I can talk on the show like a real deejay. It's fun. Unfortunately, my website just went down, which is why I'd like a new domain on FNH.

Yahoo Music was the first one I ever used, it was quick and played music I liked, so I never tried any others. I usually just listen to my own music, but when I'm in the mood for something different I open Yahoo Music or YouTube. =P What I like a lot about Yahoo is you can rate songs and over time it starts suggesting songs you may like based on that. =D