xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

I wanna buy portable music device? advice?

well if you do have a lot of songs on your computer, choose ipod. You could listen it how long you want as long you recharge the battery.

welllll///// it depends what you want it for...I have iriver 20 gigi with color display linein internel mic and radio300 for it/ mp3 wma ogg jpgipod///mmmmslightly thinner than iriver but, no color display no radio battery life shorter. around 300 alsocreative// well i think I have seen the muvo for 2 orr 4 gigs.funny little thing half the size of ipod but twice as thick// large monochromatic display// thats about as much as I know about it.archos////uuhh.. cheap/brick/small display/large amount of storage and attachments like a camera or an adapter to a tv so you can record from it.. ^ )well thats all I can think of now// if just for storage then you can buy a 200 gig hard and a usb cradle ^ )

i loved my minidisc playeri dont know about the battery life of an ipod or others but my MD player would get 40+ hours of playback on 1 AA battery.... very good.

I hate my minidisc player - though its actually quite a good oneI want an mp3 player.I'm torn over what to go for.As far as i can tell its...Ipod if you want to pay lots of moneyCreative if you want to get the same features for less.Its between the IPOD's, the Creative Zen, and the Creative Zen Extra - i dont know much about the differences, it seems the Zen is about ?100 more than the Extra (so about the same as the IPOD) but offers recording facilities.I dont know what special features the IPOD has that would warrant me spending 100 more than the Zen extra though.

My advice is that the iPod is the best mp3 player arround. If you don't want to spend that much money you could try the new iPod Shuffle which works with flash cards or something like that, the only bad thing i see about it is that it has no screen. check them out http://www.apple.com/ipod/

All I can say is that the iRiver really kicks butt in features... LOL. Ogg Vorbis support should be a standard feature in any player.

haha i'd say this $25 mp3 player i sawbut im in canada... so it'd be like 30 something if ur in the states. 64 megs i believe.. im sure u can find something like it.. as long as it's from a crappy brand, it's got less than 128mb and it has no lcd display, it'll be really cheap

try a ipod mini... if you go to http://www.apple.com/.. you coulda get some sort of a student discount in the US. The Ipod Mini Go For About $250USD If You Use The Student Discount...I Beleive Its Around $229USD..AND You Get A Free Engraving..Cool 8)