xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Photoshop

I see a lot of expert designers here use photoshop so it is the right place for me to post these questions:I am a beginner of Adobe Photoshop and I need a helping hand. Please guide me!

I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0.

Thank you!

I see a lot of expert designers here use photoshop so it is the right place for me to post these questions:I am a beginner of Adobe Photoshop and I need a helping hand. Please guide me!

I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0.

Thank you!

1st question. as far as i know there are two ways (1 only works if your lucky) if the whole area you DONT want is a solid color and all connected, you can use the magic wand tool to select it, then inverse the selction, and its ready to copy paste. if thats not the dase, you can zoom in and use the polygon selection tool very carefully.

2nd question. try http://www.good-tutorials.com/

3rd question. no

i use Photoshop. It rules.im sorta a noob though, i know my way around the program and know some neat effects, but i want to learn banners and such.and yes MSpaint is an awsome program, lol, i use it all the time at my school, we have really crappy software.

i love working with photoshop. i have no idea how to make "sigs" and avatars though. I just create cool pictures and design and edit digital pics i take. if anyone wants to give me a quick rundown of how to make a sig or ava, that'd be awesome.fuse

i love working with photoshop. i have no idea how to make "sigs" and avatars though. I just create cool pictures and design and edit digital pics i take. if anyone wants to give me a quick rundown of how to make a sig or ava, that'd be awesome.
fuse

It really depends what type of look you're going for; grunge, tech, anime, etc. can you be more specific?

yeah, ummm maybe a music one with like a guitar and some cool looking dark piano...haha. i'd make it in photoshop, and i know how to work that quite well, its just how you turn it into a sig or ava that i dont know.

there is really nothing special about making it into a sig or avatar, just save it in a good web format (.gif, .jpg, or .png) uploadit to a place you can hotlink from, and use the bbcode to set it as your avatar/sig in your profile

how do you upload it and how exactly to you write or use bbcode?

to upload it (assuming you are using a freenukehosting account) use either cPanel or an FTP program to log into your hosting account. go into your www directory and create a new directory under it (for example, 'images'), go into that directory, and select "upload file", enter the path and filename, and select upload.
the bbcode for it is

[img]http://yourdomain.freenukehosting.com/images/signame.jpg[/img]

please note, you do need to add the correct address, path, and filename