xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Stay active

It is the fact that not everyone know how to write / read in English. Why that must discriminate us / them? [/b]

Well.... if you can't read English, then there's no way you could get your account, since you'd have to read the rules to follow the procedure...

That said, if you can't write in English, there's always a way to translate your original message into english by the means of (online) translators... :roll:
You know, my natural language is French (and you should know Frenchy are really bad at speaking other languages), but I can still manage to be understood by others...

yep im a frenchy too and i know what u mean, I play with pro gamers on some leagues and its so funny to have to listen to them *BLEEP*in about my supa skilled english lol

Honestly Stephan, I'd rather like if you spoke a classic English like "You are a mate for me" instead of the "u r a m8 4 me" language... :roll:

(it's easier to read...)

And what you say about that not everyone know how to write in English. Why that must discriminate them if they are very good programmers, webmasters, students from another countries? I think that this community should help them. (i'm in similar  situation :wink: i cannot find free host with cgi/sql in poland)

That said, if you can't write in English, there's always a way to translate your original message into english by the means of (online) translators... :roll:

I'm sorry, but there's too much languages to open a new forum for each. Besides we won't be able to moderate any more...

One last thing, imagine an english visitor coming to your country and demand everyone around him to talk to him in english... Would you agree ? :?

>> Just think of admin as a president, and all the members representing the population living in a same country... Sure some people can speak other languages (like immigrants), but if they want to stay in that country, they'd have to follow the rules and the majority of the community....

~ so how come your post count indicates 2 ? ~ Infraid

i was active on the old server, but didn't log in again untill today.

you'll see it after several days.

Switching server hasn't reset your post count... :roll:

Are you trying to fool me ?

i feel so sorry that you think i'm a cheater

but i did not fool you.

i have a free hosting account on the old server.

1. if i'm not active, i could't get it.

2. you can search all my post, they all was posted within three days. that is to say, my posts count was 0 three days ago but you can see in my profile"Joined: 09 Nov 2004 ". i didn't know why my posts count is ZERO.

3. you are the admin here, do you think anyone who is so stupid to fool you?

:?

No matter how things get measured or automated via "normal" computers, the best way to measure quality, is using a human being. That's why we have mods and admins on this forum.Even if somebody makes 400 messages, a human has to check to see that they are not spam. Likewise, if somebody only posts 5 messages in two months, a human has to check to see if the person has anything that helps the forum. I am sure that FNH's mods and admins don't close accounts that have something to give the community... no matter how many posts are made.So the statistics just give an indication of the situation and I think that the users that want specific guidlines and rules are scared that thier accounts will be deleted. When rules and guidlines are used, there is ALWAYS somebody that finds a smart workaround to avoid them. So rules and guidlines are only ways to make you FEEL safe. In reality, there is always a mod or admin that keeps an eye on the forum, topics and posts. A human touch is the best, no matter how many linux clusters FNH has and how many smart scripts that are installed on the server to "check" people.If you are worried all the time that your account will be deleted, then pay money for your account. There is no need to get stomach pains and ulcers!! FNH has very CHEAP rates for quality paid hosting!Regards,Davidw

I just wanted to say that we can already see the effects of the 5 post-to-get hosted rule. It has created lots of "hi im new" or "its my birthday" or "lolz" type of posts. And i dont see it as positive. I figure they dont actually give much to the community.On the other hand, i couldn't think of any better way to achieve what the admins want to achieve with this rule. I suppose that constantly monitoring activity somehow (looking at dates of last post and seeing if the user has mentioned being away or whatever) would take too much manpower.At least i got that off my mind now.

I am sure that if the mods and admins need more manpower to help keep an eye on things... then they will ask for it in some way. That's one of the many reasons that we have a community. The community has one resource that there is plenty of: humans. :wink:

Regards,

Davidw

I just wanted to say that we can already see the effects of the 5 post-to-get hosted rule. It has created lots of "hi im new" or "its my birthday" or "lolz" type of posts. And i dont see it as positive.  I figure they dont actually give much to the community.

Of course, you're right.So what about switching from "post count" to "quality post count"? Every post would have an option to mark it as a "quality post", and that option would only be available to people with, let's say at least 20 (or more) of these "QP"? But I don't know about phpBB, if it supports such a feature...
Only an idea...

I'll be looking at inactive ppl soon.

For the inactive members you PM & email them,You could give the member 8 weeks to reply. after that delete their FNH account.

While we are talking of human activity: I think I want one more "star"... should be there... NOW!... if the system works... :roll: regards,Davidw