xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dundun2007

Windows Xp Lite?

That kinda thing was not supposed to sell elsewhere in this world and never reach Africa. Some of my reasons are:- In Africa we use ancient machines that a re very low on specs. If the word lite means what I think it means then this would be ideal for some of the P2s that are still around in some homes and offices.-Generally Africans are poor and anything that has a lower price tag should definitely pass by here.-When it comes to piracy this is what it looks like here-Since I knew there was SP2 I've only seen 2(two) original copies of XP+SP2 yet 80% of my friends have a copy each.-Most things that are loaded in OSes dn't work for most Africans because of limited resources. Things like syncing and all those things that need fast internet simply don't work here.I can go on and on but all I will be saying is, if it is true that such a thing came out, they should have targeted Africa also.

There is such thing as a Windows XP "Lite". This was not sold retail (versions of XP that were in the UK and so forth were N Edition, K edition, etc). The XP "lite" is the product from http://www.litepc.com/. You take a retail version of Windows XP and then strip it down so that it is speedy. You can find most of these on "shadier" sights as well. Variations include Windows XP BlackLizard Edition and Windows XP Black Edition. The same goes for Vista, and possibly 7.

any way,the problem will be with the programs which ask for support inorder to runlike Norton product and other graphics need DotNetFramework2.0 or direct x and latest java or flash all that will make you complete this lite version into sp2 by your selfNot worth it. !!!