xisto Community
Schweden

Bush vs Kerry whou would you vote if you were able to?

It's really pointless, they both either really suck, or have alot of crap surrounding them. Personally, I'd like to see where Ralph Nader gets (Lord knows everyone hates him.)If I were voting, Bush of course. It's only reasonable to stay with the same president or leader during a time of war, as he knows what his objective is, and he'll have the same counsul. Although.. I'll guarantee you, Kerry will never be sene outside the US, at least in nothing like Iraq where our boys are fighting. If anything, he'll be seen at the race tracks, not betting, but racing.

I'd have to say that because nobody is going to vote on a third party candidate and we have to vote for one of the two if we don't want our vote to be thrown away, that i would have to vote for kerry. He's not that great, but I just really don't trust Bush. Hell i didn't want bush in office in the first place. I remember thinking that as soon as bush gets into office we're going to have problems with iraq again .. .and of course i was right. I knew he was going to follow into daddy's footsteps.

I honestly don't care if you want to say it or not. It IS the worst election year. There are practically NO candidates worth voting for...

Later,

J. (TS)

well if there are no candidates worth voting for,

it seems like people have to go for the lesser of

two evils. lol. but in any case, america needs a

change in leadership, just to restore its position

of respect within the world. hopefully, the new

president can undo all the bad press that bushie

boy had gathered so far. wonder how he will be

portrayed in history books 50 years down the road!

I will have to vote for someone who HAS A CHANCE (even though one of those third-party candidates may infact be a great president, but he won't win).My vote goes to Kerry, but it's very close. In my book, Kerry has 51 and bush 49. All the people who say that Kerry flip-flops.... Who doesn't? Bush flip-flops sometimes too. It's called POLITICS.Also, there is such a thing as changing one's mind. I would rather have a candidate that changes his views as new information or reason comes than one who keeps the same old stagnant opinion that gets us nowhere (IE Bush).

The debate was horrible crap. It used to be run by an organization but now it's been taken over by the two parties so the 2 Party system will stay forever, and no 3rd party canditates will be elected.That said, the best part was when George bush talked out of turn and said "TELL TONY BLAIR WE'RE GOIN' ALONE!"

Well, what is a "wartime president"? The cold war lasted for 50 years. Have the presidents changed throughout the years?By the way Bush has already declared that the major battles in Iraq is already over right after Bagadad has fallen. The war that makes sense is the war on Terrorism. But, um, it wont end, as long as there are Muslims in the Middle East? Bush, what are you going to do with them? If you think sensibly, that's 911 made you shocked. Others, well, they are just false alarms. All you can see is just some US embassies being blown off. That's all. There are no terroist attacks within the US border after 911."The election in US starts to resemble that in Taiwan - Please, Americans, do not let that happen"

The whole world is looking at this election, but one of my friend's mother living in the USA is not aware of the election details at all!Anyway, it is interesting to see whom the US electorate vote for. Will there be any more election controversies this time too? Will Bush Win? :rolleyes:

John Kerry:Good points-- Admits mistakes- May bring change.Bad-- May make too many mistakes.- Changes mind too much.- Unsure of what he might do.George BushGood points-- War against Terrorism.- Agrees with me on most topics (gays, stem cell, no offense to supporters)- ConsistentBad-- War in Iraq (and handling of it).- How he handles terrorism- The Economy- StubbornKerry crosses the line between admitting mistakes and changing his mind too much, which may result in a bad way.Bush crosses the line between consistency and his stubborness too much, which has its downfalls too.It's really hard to choose between these two candidates. Both have their ups and downs.

I was wondering if anyone has seen or has actually had an email from a Guardian newspaper reader here in England. A quick recap for those who dont know, The Guardian newspaper in England reported they were shocked at how there are 2 seperate views in the bush v kerry debate and who is most popular. Inside the US it seems that Bush is loved, obviously not by a landslide but loved quite a lot because of his family, country and religious values and Kerry many see in the mid west as the Devil incarnate. Whereas, outisde the US Bush is loathed by a great many millions for his Act First, think later, US rules all attitude who seems to have no respect for almost any other country unless it suits themselves through allies.Therefore, The Guardian decided to publish freely available (thanks to the USA's freedom of information act) email addresses of swing state voters so that they could be emailed with the 'outside the US' view from people in nations where America's foreign policy in action is very close to home.Has anyone else heard of this and what are peoples views?personally i think its good that all should know an un-censored view of what really goes on but i also believe that this extremely personal meddling in other countries foreign policy could seriously annoy a good many people.

One of my univeristy subjects this year has been politics and we've studied this pretty in-depth.We studied a lot of stuff on the ethics of abortion as it's a very touchy subject here in South Africa as well. The partial-birth abortion procedure -- used from the fifth month on -- involves pulling a living baby feet-first out of thewomb, except for the head, puncturing the skull and suctioning out the brain. The great majority of partial-birth abortions are performed on healthy babies of healthy mothers.Government Funding of Abortion:George W. Bush opposes using tax dollars to pay forabortion. During his first week in office, President Bushreinstated the Mexico City Policy, which cut off tax funds togroups that promote abortion overseas.John Kerry supports using tax dollars to pay for abortion.Kerry said that his first executive order would be to?reverse the Mexico City Policy,? and thereby give taxfunds to groups that promote abortion overseas.Supreme Court AppointmentsGeorge W. Bush stated that he will appoint Supreme Courtjustices who share his conservative philosophy and who willstrictly interpret the Constitution according to its text. (Thetext of the Constitution contains no right to abortion.)John Kerry has stated that if elected president he wouldappoint only Supreme Court justices who support the1973 Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion ondemand. He declared, ?...I will support only pro-choicejudges to the Supreme Court. Some may call this alitmus test...?Partial-Birth AbortionPresident George W. Bush promoted and signed the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act into law.Senator John Kerry voted against the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act every chance he got -- six times.Abortion on DemandGeorge W. Bush opposes the 1973 Supreme Court decisionthat legalized abortion on demand and he supports legalprotection for unborn children.John Kerry supports the 1973 Supreme Court decisionthat legalized abortion on demand -- even as a method ofbirth control.Record on LifeGeorge W. Bush has repeatedly supported legislation whichwould protect unborn children and people with disabilities.George W. Bush signed ?Laci and Conner?s Law,? whichrecognizes as victims unborn children who are killed orinjured in violent federal crimes.George W. Bush supported legislation to prevent minordaughters from being taken across state lines for secretabortions in order to avoid parental notice laws.John Kerry, during his 20 years in the Senate, voted 79times to support abortion.John Kerry voted against ?Laci and Conner?s Law,? whichrecognizes as victims unborn children who are killed orinjured in violent federal crimes.John Kerry voted against notifying a parent beforeperforming an abortion on a minor daughter.

I think a lot of americans voted for kerry because they didnt want to vote for bush, and also, knowing that these two guys were really just fighting a duel any sensible people would not vote for outsiders becuase in my opinion that is a wasted vote!

I'd choose Bush, many people think it's his faule for 9/11 when Clinton most likely had more intel than Bush and failed to act on it. That's why 9/11 most likely occurred.

I'd choose Bush, many people think it's his faule for 9/11 when Clinton most likely had more intel than Bush and failed to act on it. That's why 9/11 most likely occurred.

162776[/snapback]

Why did you resurrect this thread? The last post was MONTHS agoo...

I voted for Peroutka -_- If Bush and Kerry were my only choices I'd vote "None of the Above" :lol: