xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

php easy?

there are more programming languages than php, if some one dont like php there is a big ckance that they went into something else like perl or other ones. at this moment php is favorit by a lot of people. it is almost like standard. Standard is not always the best. like windows is standard os. nobody can convince me that windows is the best os, i hate windows, unstable, crappy and everuthing eeeeeeeeew . so standard is more a product that has had good marketing. but i must admit that i use php too, and like it. mostly i use it in combination with flash(another standard)

geancanach

im not a big fan of php

It may be so, but the time will come when plain html is no longer enough no matter how good you are.
Even today you will be hard pressed to find a website without some kind of
programming or scripting embedded in the code. Javascript is still the most
common, but the trend seems to go towards php. :?

i should have been more explanatory. I don't really care for php, i have a preference to perl/cgi. i find it easier, more secure, and overall better suited to what i do.
What is your native language, i may be able to find you some tutorials written in it?

welbis

I couldn't get it to work. Even renaming it to form.html only resulted in a string

of parsing errors. In the end it's not really important. I can't spend more time on

it at the moment and i'm happy with the script i'm using.

Once again, thanks for your input - it has helped my understanding. :)

moooo_im_a_fishI couldn't agree more. I don't like windows either, but i'm so "dependant" on the file manager. I have tried many different Linux distro's but they all have the same problem. A rigid, inflexible and nontransparant filing system, so i'm stuck with windowsfor the time being. :) I know there is other programming languages but i didn't want to get into somethingonly to find it obsolete a year or two down the track, and since php look set to become the next big thing, i decided to go for that. :!:

geancanach

My native language is Danish and i have found plenty of tutorials in danish but i

sometimes find it difficult to refernce stuff as i left Denmark before the

computer/internet age really took off. The easiest for me is probably just to learn

as i go along, like i once did with html. :wink:

welbis

I couldn't get it to work. Even renaming it to form.html only resulted in a string

of parsing errors. In the end it's not really important. I can't spend more time on  

it at the moment and i'm happy with the script i'm using.  

Once again, thanks for your input - it has helped my understanding.  :)

oh ok...sorry about that the error might be in this line

print "value is set to:".$value; 

putting text and variables in the same line always confuses me...

if you tried it with

print "value is set to:"; print $value; 

instead, then maybe it would work - i cant see why it wouldnt, but i did write it in here, so i didnt get the nice colour changing error alerts the dreamweaver offers.

thedevil.
I had a look at your website. It looks neat and tasteful, but do you really think it is wise with all that information about yourself. :?:  :?:  :?: 
It is an open invitation to all sorts of spammers and scammers and other scum. :evil:

yes i think you are right... but the content of a personal website should be, as far i think, the way it is in my homesite... if any one has to spam... then why it would be me...
any ways thanks for the suggestion... i will decrease the amount of information... also do keep suggesting me...